1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally!

JMC Motorsports Presents:

The Ferrari 360 Automology Edition

Focus of the Project-
When I set out to make a customized model the dynamics had to be different this time around. This car is comprised of many facets of automotive technology ranging from showroom to track. This is where I came up with a new word to describe the fusion of such ingredients, "Automology". Instead of making another track racer this model is meant to show possible buyers that they can have many different components and accessories. Similar to the concept behind the Scion except for the wealthy.

Process of the Project-
This project was started almost 6 months ago. Being one that doesn't like to start something and not finish it, this model just began to bother me. It sat on the work bench forever it seemed. For the past two weeks relentless work has been poured into it. Anyone who has disassembled a Hot Wheels knows they can get stubborn at times. The removing the seats almost prevented the project from continuing since they were almost welded on to the floor. Another difficult step was removing the upper and lower side vent plastic. The motor was also not the most compliant. After all of this was sorted out the project was down hill after that!

The following modifications have been made.
1. Carbon fiber engine tub
2. Aftermarket wheels (Thank you again on this one Gian!)
3. Painted underbody in flat black
4. Painted exhaust (Gun metal, Gold, and Chrome)
5. Painted rear engine supports (Aluminum)
6. Engine lightly detailed
7. Removed upper and lower side vents
8. Front grill removed
9. Cross drilled rotors
10. Leather upholstered door panels
11. Leather dashboard
12. Carbon fiber mirrors
13. Leather side trim on steering wheel
14. Leather upholstered seats passenger with luxury saddle trim/driver with sport trim
15. Seat belts in black fabric
16. Fire suppression system
17. Windows
18. Comm. link on steering column
19. XM Radio/Comm. receiver
20. JMC Signurature Gauges
21. Key chain
22. Car sign and stand
23. JMC Custom license plate
24. JMC custom Vinyl's/ Decals
25. Leather luggage bag with leather straps in front trunk
26. Drilled floor pedals
27. JMC cigar box in front trunk
28. Hamman style body kit front and rear in carbon fiber
29. Tow hooks with arrow decals
30. Black luxury carpet (Feels thick and plush to the touch)
31. LCD screen featuring GPS/Wireless internet (for DX) and touch screen engine management gadgets
32. Scratch built seat controllers
33. Scratch built door lock buttons
34. Floor mat on driver's side with Ferrari script
35.Didnt quite make it to 35, Darn.. Maybe next year...

To the pictures which briefly point out a few things in each photo. Note that there are more things to describe so refer to the modifications list if you like.

Enough yapping time for picutures :hot

I hope you enjoy.

*Note my pictures arent as optimal because they were taken on a friends camera*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WOW!!

Jacob, that is a masterpiece. It is very well made and so unique. Awesome job! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

Loving the leather interior and carbon fiberness. :cool

What did you use for the side windows? They look very cool!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Man, you did ALOT of work to that. I'm not much of a fan of the big "roller" wheels, but they really set your car off. How did you do the leather for the interior, and where did you get it? Is it hard to work with? I applaud you! :nicejob :nicejob

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
ACK! This thing is AWESOME! I didn't know how the wheels would look, but now I see they go great with the car. Definitely worth the wait! :nicejob I love the leather work and all the extra goodies you added. You completely pulled it off, my friend. Congratulations on a job well done. :cheers :cheers :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What can I say - beautiful work :nicejob :nicejob The workmanship and the leather trim looks class!

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
WOW Looks great!!! I have some of those wheels too, I thought they might have been too big, but they look good.

:cheers

Peter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice job Jacob . :nicejob

You turned a boring old 360 into something really worth looking at .

Love the interior :cheers

·
Registered
994 Posts
That's an awesome job Jacob! :cheers
Love the leather interior and luggage in the trunk :danbana
Not so sure about the wheels though, I don't think they really fit the car...
Again, great job! :happy

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I must have bad taste as I really don't like it at all.
It's some nice details for sure, but not up my alley.
Calling a 1:18 model for a masterpiece is ...well...quite....strong words...I would not even call the real version a masterpiece.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I think it looks great! Very, very nice work! :nicejob :nicejob :nicejob

It looks 200% better than original! :310

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
:nicejob :nicejob Thats a lot of work Jacob and it has turned out good.
cobalt1959 Posted Yesterday, 05:31 AM
Man, you did ALOT of work to that. I'm not much of a fan of the big "roller" wheels, but they really set your car off. How did you do the leather for the interior, and where did you get it? Is it hard to work with? I applaud you!
Eddie, here is a link from the ever resourceful Brian's Model Cars to help you to work with leather.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Classy, sporty and Bling Bling at the same time it seems!

Well done Jacob, I can see that you really gave a good load of attention to small details. Its really cool.
:nicejob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
onoitsaWRX: I appreciate it! Thanks :cheers The side windows came from the stiff plastic packaging off a HP calculator I had bought recently.
cobalt1959: Thanks! I appreciate it! The leather was I guess what they call "Skiveied" in other words the leather was trimmed with an exacto knife down to a suitable thinkness to apply to the model otherwise the leather would be too thick and unrealistic. It takes alot of work if you dont know how to do it but after doing it the wrong way for hours I finally learned the short cuts. (no pun :giggle )
Speedfiend: I was hoping youd like it! Thanks man! :cheers
LUW: Thanks Im glad you like it! :cheers
Ali: I did what I could on the leather, Thank you for your feedback! :cheers
Nocky: Thanks for the positive feedback! I did take a major gamble with these rims on this particular car and to tell you the truth I didn't like it with these rims at first but they grew on me and thats why I decided to go on with this project. :happy
ArV6: I appreciate the kind words! :cheers
Car Lover: Thanks CL! Hopefully Ill be able to get better pictures of it later. :yahoo
BVR: Thanks for the feedback! I can see where you may not like the rims, they are not for everybody. Im glad you like it though :happy :cheers
Thorst13: Hey thats understandable, thank you for your feedback. I need as much as possible so I can focus my next projects in the right direction. :cheers
FordGT: By now this car is actually a look in my book, now I just have to shoot for 300% better next time. Thanks for checking it out FordGT and the kind words. :cheers
Winstoncds: Thanks winston for checking it out and liking it! :cheers
Burn: Im glad you like it and your right it is a blend of alot of things. :happy The details were what went quick at least for me. The leather and the rims took time along with just understanding how the model is put together. A funny thing is that when I completed the project I had 5 or 6 screws left over unused. Maybe I can send them to our members who collect the screws. :giggle

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Now that is just rude and mean. :pullhair
If you really can't add to the discussion, or at least offer some form of positive input, you really shouldn't bother. This is not the same as saying that some company's model is crap, this is looking down on a fellow collector's work.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
I fully agree with Luciano. I don't know what the heck you're problem is Thorst but I have now concluded you were just downright rude to a fellow member. :confused To quote your own words, I expect an apology (from you to Jacob) is appropriate. My fellow moderators that I was way too diplomatic with you in the thread with Nick. As it turns out, they were absolutely correct.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Ohh man you guys must have a hard life not beeing able to cope with people who speak their mind and think different that you!
How am I rude? It's nothing mean in my comment as I simply said that I did not like the overall look of the model. I have the greatest respect for CollectorX as he seems to be a super guy and I pointed out that the details were nice as well but not in my taste..
I'm not saying my opinion is the 100% truth and that anyone should agree with me.
My models arent in most of yours taste either. I generally makes the models waaaay to low, use too much black and always adds unrealistic features to my works. I don't care about what anyone thinks as long as I'm satisfied with my work but do appretiate honest feedback as I may think..."he is absolutely right" .
Not all the comments has to be positive and the way CollectorX took my critic shows that he's a man who tolerate different opinions and I'm sure he didnt think any less of his model after that remark. If he got offended in any way that was far from my purpose. And any adult person with some self asteem will not take this as an insult either.

So from now on your suggestions are that ONLY positive remarks should be written on everybodys work?? How are the modellists gonna have new inputs and thoughts when doing their modelling? Is all critisism automaticly bad?

And for the comment about beeing to diplomatic in your response stygianmax that's really too bad as I'm not interested in discussing a private matter about newchevyman in an open debate. I will contact newchevyman and have this sorted out once and for all just to prove that even that I'm sometimes hot headed I'm a 100% professional business man.

I can gladly write down the whole story about this trade and send it to stygianmax or diecastX so that you'll get a feeling over how things are as both yours opinions matter to me as I have seen nothing but professionalism from you guys!
I recon you have spoken with BURN and thats why you suddenly had a change of opinion. Too bad there aint room for having different opinions than some of the "moderators" here on diecastx as it's a nice place to meet fellow collectors.

In the trade youre reffering to, you guys seem to completely forget that I'm a part of this trade too!?! Arent my rights suppoused to be respected as well, has it EVER occured to any of you "better knowing" people that a person can have it's reasons for not replying the same email every day!? Reasons you have no right to ask about? Point out WHAT I have done wrong in any way than not giving a reply the moment the other trader wanted to? Why am I the big, bad wolf?
I traded a model more worth and rarer to be a nice guy to a person who was genuinely interested in having one of my models. I even got a lecture in that I was speculating in trading 3 for 1 model from one of the moderators here?!
Is it so that the right thing to do is trade 1 on 1 no matter what model you wish to trade????? I'm completely amazed over these comments as I seem like a bad person only because I have alot of rare models and that I'm not interested in taking crap about it.

LUW and I don't get along pretty good, but is it ALL my fault?
Is he completely right in ALL his comments about me and my passion for McLarens. He has done his best to "in a diplomatic" way look down on me and my love for these models to the limits that I almost seems like a moron.

I am a person who speaks my mind directly and I'm straight forward in my way of beeing!
I will apologize to CollectorX if he feels offended in any way!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts