DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing the one LUW posted reminded me that I had two of these languishing in my basement, the maroon stock one and the black flamed one. So I pulled out the flamed one and tore it down, and detailed it in 2 days.

These are really nice models for the price. As Luc said, they have realistic door hinges, the lights are well done, and I was surprised to find that not only the body, but the front suspension, rear suspension and the engine block/transaxle are also diecast metal, not plastic!

I began by dropping it in the front. The front suspension is held in by one screw so I though I could just put a thick shim under it and I'd be done. Wrong. You can't do it that way or you'd have to cut out part of the front trunk piece for clearance. So I got rid of the shim piece and whacked the wheel mounts off and glued them back onto the spindles higher up. I carpeted the front kick panels, floor and rear package area, added seat belts and my particular car didn't have any guage in the center, just a gaping hole so I added a decal from the parts box. I painted the interior black and added seat belts to the front seats. I detailed the engine with plug wires and some plumbing and. . . voila!

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Looks great Eddie! I still kick myself for not getting one when they were plentifull at WM!
That engine looks like it could start right up! :eek:mg

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Outstanding job Eddie!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.