Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1963 Chevrolet Corvette

1967 Ford Mustang

1969 Chevrolet Camaro convertible

1969 Dodge Charger

1970 Buick GSX

1970 Chevrolet Nova SS

1971 Plymouth Duster

The above Johnny Lightning Muscle Car line models are supposed to have metal chassis. They look pretty decent.

Aren't these models rehashs of older Ertl models?

If so, are they worth the price of the thirty dollar admission?

Which model above would you consider to be the best of the lot ?

I have not seen any of these models locally and haven't read very much about them. I am only going on what I have seen on the web and before I would pluck down currency I would certainly want to have good solid information from knowledgeable collectors on how these models actually are . THANKS !

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
From what I've been told they have shiny silver chassis, like the old 1:64 Hot Wheels.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have seen a few of these cars on the shelf and well they don't really seem to catch my eye!!!!! But the best one that I have seen is the Charger in black. I believe they do have metal chassis because they are a little heavier than standard 1/18 models. As for the price, ahh well iam not really the muscle type kind of guy but it seems like a good price but I am sure you can find much better quality model for a few more bucks.

G

·
Does anyone know if these are detailed like the Authentics Line?

If so, then $30 is easily worth the price of admission and then some.

G

·
:scared

oooh, that looks rather nasty :giggle

Actually it looks a little worse than Ertls regular editions.

Mike, I owe you an email too, thanks for the kind words :cheers

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Granted, the engine looks pretty bad. But surely from the list of models in the opening post, one or two SHOULD have better ones. So I ask......

from the list of models in the opening post, which model(s) has the most and best

features to take top "honors?"

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Out of the list above, I would go with the '70 Buick GSX or the '71 Plymouth Duster as they are good Ertl molds to start with. The Superbird would be my choice, but it is not on the list.

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks for posting that pic and link Mike! :cheers That orange '70 Boss 429 must be one of the fuglies diecast ever made! :giggle Want was Johnny Lightning thinking? :hellno

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe I'm actually getting better at picking the "right" models because of all the information and knowledge that is shared here by those who are in the know. This site definitely grants one an education in diecast collecting if read thoughtfully and regularly.

Interestingly, I thought that the 1969 Charger looked like a real good model when I first posted the inquiry. I just was drawn to it and some early posts verified that it is a worthwhile and desirable model.

My next choices, before reading these later posts, were the 1971 Plymouth Duster and the 1970 Buick GSX because something inside me said that they were good too!!!!

The education is working on a subconscious level!!

Thanks for all the feedback!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.