DiecastXchange Forum banner
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Don't know how I missed your thread but I'll definitely be visiting a lot more regularly - it looks like a great collection with some real beauties in there.

@snowman if you're happy to wait for the less popular colour schemes, Tecnomodel often end up heavily discounted after a while. They usually offer one successful version of a model that sells out in a blink, then 3 or 4 others that weren't so iconic. Obviously you're relying on them not selling though!
I have 3 Tecnomodels now. I bought the Jim Clark Lotus when it came out and at a slight discount. The C100 and 966 I waited until they were below $150.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Latest adds... a couple of Gulf liveried cars.

1967 Ford Mirage M1 Spa Winner - Ickx/Thompson
Model is pretty bland with no sponsor decals or much contrast. Not bad though.

2019 Porsche 911 GT3 R Spa Winner - Estre/Lietz/Christensen
Awesome model. Kevin Estre completely dominated the field in the wet at the start of the race and continued a blistering pace the entire race.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I've had this for a while but I guess I never posted it on here.

TopSpeed Acura NSX GT3 2017 6hrs of Watkins Glen. Lally/Legge. Looks pretty good, but they spelled "Continental" wrong on the tires and the headlamps should be yellow.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Great cars I have the one in the 3rd picture
Thanks Jacob

Newest adds, Ford v Ferrari!...

First up is the Shelby Collectibles 1967 Le Mans winning Ford MkIV. I really, really hate this model but I got it for cheap and I can't justify spending $600+ on the Exoto version. Hoping Spark makes it eventually.

From a really bad model to a really great model! Very excited to finally add this one. A Looksmart Ferrari 488 GTE Pro Le Mans winner. The details are great and it is a true beauty. Also my first model from Looksmart. I'd consider it a Spark "Elite".

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Great collection Jon, really like the GT40s and various Sparks.

Have to agree with your thoughts regarding Tecnomodel. Very pricey but they do make so many obscure subjects that they are oo often the only choice.

That 488 is definitely on my wishlist though. And some Looksmarts are becoming increasingly rare and sought after - this 488 will certainly join that fraturnity I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Thank you guys, still in love with the 488

Latest:
Top Speed 2019 Ford GT GTE-AM 24 Hours of Le Mans Winner/Loser #85 Fraga/Bleekemolen/Keating

A pretty good model and comparable to the 2016 Le Mans winner I have. One cost cutting note is the lack of a base (which would of helped prevent the damage to my model in shipping). The purple color looks great in person and has a metallic flake. Unfortunately my phone and crappy dining room lighting doesn't show it well.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.