DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Smokeyfan..............awesome collection of cars..............I really love the muscle cars. Couple of questions.........how many cars in your collection that you're displaying? How big is your man cave? Are your display cases mounted to the wall? Thanks for the info and again.......AWESOME collection.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I am currrently displaying 296 models, with about 40 in storage, although those are going to my brother and a toys for tots donation. those will be the first models I have ever let go of, I have never sold or traded a single model to date, those will be the first to go. just old maistos bburagos ertls mondos Hot Wheels's etc.
the cases are resting firmly on a built in shelf that is part of the foundation, I live in the midwest so not much earthquake concern. Also the cases are about 4 feet long so they really dont move much at all. My man cave is the entire basement,plus one small bedroom which includes a 1/64 farm layout, and one shitter
, plus access to my garage and my GTI
thanks for the compliment, that GTO looks good in your avatar!!
smokeyfan thanks for the info. When I'm finished (which will take awhile yet) my mancave will be approx. 1000sq ft and I'm planning on displaying a good portion of my 300+ cars. I do however have to worry about earthquakes, I'm in Alaska, so I'm always looking for ways to display my collection. Thanks for the comment on the GTO, it's the Tom's Garage version by Acme/GMP, here's a LINK to more of my collection if your interested. Thanks again for the information and I'd love to see pictures of your farm layout if you have them. I just recently started another addiction by collecting 1/16 tractors as well..........man I don't know what I was thinking!

·
Registered
957 Posts
GMP masterpiece 65 Corvette coupe, HOLY CRAP MY WIFE BOUGHT THIS FOR X-MAS!!!
Holy Crap is right smokeyfan............very nice X-mas gift.......I really want to add one of these to my collection but they've become quite hard to find. You have a great wife!

A couple of years back my wife got me a $300 Gift certificate to one of my favorite diecast suppliers (Todd @ Diecastmusclecars.com) and these were the cars that I was able to purchase:

It's great to have an understanding wife who actually helps out with my diecast addiction!

Congrats again on the X-mas gift.

·
Registered
957 Posts
its been 8 months since I posted my photos of my collection and a lot has changed since then, I got a few more cases to display cars in, and I have added about 15 cars to my collection, several ferrari's and some more muscle. So here is a long overdue update. If you can spot all the new additions I would be very impressed.

smokey..........fantastic collection and I can't wait to get my collection displayed like you have yours.

So who makes that purple Charger? That thing caught my eye..............more pics please if you have the time, thanks.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Great Concours Josh.........I see your "grail" has center billing! Also I love the flamed Merc and the 1320 Nova. What's your thoughts on the Nova? Wish it had opening features myself. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.