DiecastXchange Forum banner
561 - 579 of 579 Posts

·
Banned
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #561 ·
SO I have not been adding much since the early part of this year, other than the Lancia S4 I showed you guys on the last page. Well that has changed!

With Autoart's commitment to plastic models, I am in no hurry to add them, hell I have not even got the Z06 yet, BUT the good old diecast ones are still right up there with about anything on the market when it comes to satisfying that itch. So I decided to start focusing more on classics and getting models that I passed on earlier. So without further ado I present my three newest adds. Lamborghini Aventador Roadster, Nismo R34 Z tune, and the mighty Porsche 959, all in glorious diecast from Autoart, remember those guys!? LOL

Why did I pick these? Well I think I am about the last person on the planet to get the roadster, I have a coupe and plan to get Kyosho's SV, but man the roadster is just so hot! It is probably the best looking supercar period right now for me, and the color is incredible, perfect for this car, as are the wheels. Simply put, this is one of the best ever autoart models.

The 959 is self explanatory, every collection should have one, but mine already did. However that model, is the Exoto, and I must say, that the Autoart cleans the floor with the Exoto in every way. The exoto is a good model from 15 years ago, the Autoart is a great model. I wanted to get one in Guards red before they disappeared or got stupidly expensive. Mission accomplished! Autoart made this model in diecast, less than 5 years ago and it is perfect. Upon release these were $110 shipped, now you know why I bitch about Autoart plastic model prices. This models is easily superior to my Huracan yet cost significantly less.

Finally the Z tune. Many of you may be surprised to see a JDM car in my collection, I have a few but not many, That is because most of them are lame and underwhelming compared to Italian, German, British and American cars. Therefore they get passed up. Suburu's and Mazda's just are not as exciting as Aston's, Lambo's, and Vettes. But after seeing a Skyline in person a while back I started appreciating that design more. Finally I decided that my collection needed one and I figured, if I am only getting one, why not the best one of the bunch. I had no use for the silver or black, because boring!!! So despite not being offered on the real thing Bayside blue it was, and this makes for quite a nice model. Of course I had to pay a premium for the blue, but I haggled my way to a fair price and Voila!! I faired well pricewise on the other 2, but learned a lesson with the Z tune. Get the good colors early! Usually I do not wait this long to buy models I like, but these three were just to good to leave out there. I am sure there are more diecast Autoart models in my future but how many remains to be seen.

ANd for fun as always I got some other contemporary cars to the 959, think Car and Driver circa 1987!!

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
Beautiful adds man! The Aventador roadster is indeed one of the best looking topless supercars and that colour is nom nom. The 959 I also ordered and it's coming to me - but I picked the white. The Z tune is next on the list and I will be getting the blue just like you. Loving that group shot as well

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Lovely S4! Its on my list, but the prices ... oh the prices. My plan is that they will be heavily discounted soon. Or sell out, lol.

I also want the 959 (white or silver for me) and a R34.

Nice adds, and I fully agree on focusing on the diecast oldies, I am doing the same.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Top adds man! I was tempted with the Ztune as well when they first came out..reminds me of my years spent in Japan but it doesn't fit too well in my collection. Best color though for sure!

The roadster is incredible as well! I had to hold off on that one cause I have too many Aventadors already but like you stated..those rims are flawless! Top shelf stuff right there!

Thanks for the pics on the great adds!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree with your opinion on the Lamborghini. It is by far the best fit and finish of any of my models, CMC birdcage included, and the color makes it looks that much more mature. Is this what you guys mean by the glory days of AUTOart?
Since there isn't much bits to look it I would highly recommend chucking it into a lighted case with the top down

Edit: how much did you buy it for?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow thats some great additions to the collection Josh, ive only just got started with a couple of super cars. That blue Lambo really stands out against the red thats for sure. That must have been very cool to be parked next to that ship. Funny thing with me is I was born on the east coast and raised on the west coast and for the past 30 plus years I have lived on the prairies, the largest boat I get to see now is my canoe at 16 feet lol. Nice ride by the way.

·
Banned
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #571 ·
I wholeheartedly agree with your opinion on the Lamborghini. It is by far the best fit and finish of any of my models, CMC birdcage included, and the color makes it looks that much more mature. Is this what you guys mean by the glory days of AUTOart?
Since there isn't much bits to look it I would highly recommend chucking it into a lighted case with the top down

Edit: how much did you buy it for?
I think I paid 150 all in on the roadster maybe a little more for combined shipping. And yes this is glory days goodness!

·
Banned
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #572 ·
Wow thats some great additions to the collection Josh, ive only just got started with a couple of super cars. That blue Lambo really stands out against the red thats for sure. That must have been very cool to be parked next to that ship. Funny thing with me is I was born on the east coast and raised on the west coast and for the past 30 plus years I have lived on the prairies, the largest boat I get to see now is my canoe at 16 feet lol. Nice ride by the way.
Thanks! Parking my little car next to that mammoth ship was an honor and seeing one is something I always wanted to do. The Iowa class represents the greatest symbol of US military strength before carriers. Those guns come in to play 20 miles off your coast you know the wrath of God is about to rain down! SO how did you end up in the prairies of Canada?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks! Parking my little car next to that mammoth ship was an honor and seeing one is something I always wanted to do. The Iowa class represents the greatest symbol of US military strength before carriers. Those guns come in to play 20 miles off your coast you know the wrath of God is about to rain down! SO how did you end up in the prairies of Canada?
[/quote]Those guns must make one heck of a noise when fired thats for sure. I ended up in Alberta because my mother was living here, one day while I was living in Vancouver I decided to hop on my old 1974 Honda 750 and see how it would fair against the Rocky Mtn's with a trip to visit my mom for a week. During that week long visit I met my then future wife, that was in 1981, between meeting her and a snow storm in the mountains I put my return bike trip on hold ( old Honda motorcycles dont like snow that much ) . 35 years later and the bike is long gone but the wife is still with me as well as two grown sons. We live on 20 acres of land and it looks like im here to stay, I still have 5 brothers in Vancouver. Are you on one of the coasts or did ya take a trip to see those mighty ships, I would love to see more shots of them. Thanks for your review of the GMP 57 Chevy, I have that car as well and had no idea that the glove box opened until I read your review

·
Banned
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #579 ·
There is just something really cool about that 959!
That's a great add at a reasonable price too!
Thanks I have no complaints at all for the money paid, as long as there are diecast models like this at prices like the one I paid, I will have no trouble avoiding the resin ones for some time still.

561 - 579 of 579 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.