DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am watching Lemans qualifying as I type this and one weird thing I noticed tonight is ........

The Astons and Corvettes have opening doors . How weird is that :giggle

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
What?!?!?! You saw it's engine? I'm sure there's a hit squad after you - you must be eliminated before you divulge it's secrets!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You guys stop picking on Auto Art - how dare you say ANYTHING bad about the greatest company in the world. If you don't like their models, then don't buy them.

The models are correct and the 1:1 versions are wrong - why can't you get it.

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Everybody has there own opinion on this but I happen to disagree very strongly with you on that point.
Sealing the doors and the hood, leaving out the engine and the not showing the trunk and its contents are not the "quality" I look for in a toy car costing $70.
I won't even touch on the mis match of paint between plastic and metal parts that is far worse than what you get on a $10 Maisto.

Subject diversity? AUTOart is very good but I think M/C has them in that department as well.

Biggest catalog, absolutely! :cheers

I can't speak for anyone else but I can say that I am really pulling for AUTOart to return to the compant they once were. They held a very good reputation up to the point where you didn't have to worry what kind of effort they were going to produce and you always new that you were going to get good value.
I don't see that anymore....

Anyway, I am pleased that you are so happy with them, Its cool :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yknow they have a REASON for making sealed body shells.
No one (not that I know anyway) likes them, and we all want opening parts, but in many cases they are not allowed to do this because their extremely detailed... detailing may help other companies steal their secrets.

Although I dont see how that affects the interior...

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
All the other teams need to do is what Le Mans coverage and they see every part of the cars, and the interiors. The only reason for AUTOart making sealed cars is to save and make them money, obviously. Less tooling=more money

·
Registered
11,642 Posts
It would be like buying a hamburger at McDonalds for full price but with them leaving the meat out for fear that Burger King would know what it looked like.
But, there is extra sesame seeds on the bun so the higher price is worth it.

It would still be a lie when put in those terms to :lol

Wake up, diecast people :wink
You are being scammed if you believe this "quicker to market" and "the teams don't want to show us whats under the hood" BS
If it wasn't a money grab, the doors would still open to show off the interior and if it was quicker to market, we would not be getting 2 and 3 year old cars just showing up in 1:18.
Just look at the Viper.
Hot Wheels's have had their carsout for years.

How hard is it to think for yourselfs instead of listening to the BS that AUTOart is feeding you?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.