DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a simple question, why do all diecasts face from right to left in there boxes, or is it just me... :confused

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe it's because, if they all were facing right, somebody would be asking why... :lol

Seriously, I think it's a question of standards, like assuming in a '3d' drawing that the light normally comes from the upper left corner.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I think I know why.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

The reason most diecast model cars face from right to left is because the driver's side is usually on the left side of many, many production 1:1 cars. So when viewing the model in the box, one sees the steering wheel, driver's seat, etc.

The reason I believe this to be true is because I have a couple of Japanese GT Championship race car models in 1:24 scale. Both race cars are right hand drive cars with the steering wheels on the right side and both models face from left to right.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I have this car but it's been on display for quite a while an I don't remember how it was oriented in the box???

Sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.