DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First impressions: The color is great to say the least! It looks plum in good light, green under intense sunlight and gunmetal in florescent lighting which makes for a dynamic color.

I especially like the tire prifile and stance on this one along with the rims adding an extra punch. BTW Ive seen a Corvette with these rims so they are real! The model was in perfect condition and every penny spent on this was worth it! This will not be the last UT Vette in my collection. :happy

PS: Does anyone know if this was a real color offered for the C5? :feedback

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Looks nice, Jacob

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I don't know if it's a real color but it's looking good on that car. I saw that one in a diecast store last May, I almost bought it but it didn't have the box so I've pass..... :confused now I have 2nd thoughts about it, hmmm... :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on the new C5 :nicejob

This is one of my favorite of the UT C5's.

This particular color was offered on the 98 C5's, its called Medium Purple. The 98's came with those magnesium 5 stars as an option, and the only ones I have seen were on verts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Luciano! I dont know if these are HTF or Rare but they are not common on the road much less here on DX.

DiecastX: Thanks! And thanks again for the clarification on the color and rims, that really shines some light on this mysterious Corvette.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yes it was. It was called Medium Purple Pearl. When I sold them we only sold one to a collector who factory ordered it. It was the only one in that colour we had sold. Very rare colour and I guess that's why the buyer is a collector. He knew that it would be a rare 1998 colour. It was also offered for 2 years on the Camaro as Amethyst in 1993 and 1994.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It Rips: Thanks man I really appreciate your kind words! :cheers

Pillarless Coupe: Thanks for the congrats :cheers
Its very interesting KB Toys having UT models back in the diecast day. I would have cleared them out as well if I knew. :help

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
I bought one at a KB back in the day, but I gave it to my nephew for Christmas.
The last one I saw was at a Sam's a year or two ago. Someone had put the UT in a Maisto box and returned it! :WTF I could had gotten it for $9.88! :nutkick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts