DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the coming month i'll be moving my diecast collection gradually to Beijing. The climate there is really dry and dusty a total opposite to conditions in HK and NZ. As I have always kept my models in places that had moist temperate climate, I'm not too sure if it's safe for the diecast in dry conditions. What's your take on climate for diecasts? is it ok? will the paint/tires/clear plastic degrade?

Thanks for any response.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Living in Ireland where it has been raining for most of the past 40 days straight... I'd have to say I don't personally have to worry about this problem but all the posts I've seen in the past seem to mention direct sunlight or strong UV lights as the main culprit for damaging models from exposure. :cheers

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. That offers a lot of comfort knowing that dry climate may be even better than moist. Guess I'll just have to make sure that i display the models in a pretty tight cabinet away from the dust. Thanks again for the response. :cheers

G

·
hi porker im in oz and we have it dry at the moment stage 4 water restrictions and mine are ok . a quick question why would you want to move from nz to bloody china i would guess nz is a much better place to live than china, unless you want to get close to the diecast models and no doubt cheaper since they are made there .
anyway good luck on the move .

cheers barry.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Well the thing is I use to keep my diecasts in two lots in both HK and Auckland. But in a year's time I'm thinking of taking up a masters course in the UK or Canada and my parents have recently relocated to Beijing from HK so it meant the only option left is to gradually take all the models up north for safe keeping at my parent's place. The degree will only take a year, so hopefully after that i can find a more permanent place to stay and bring the models back down again.

I must agree with you on that NZ is a much much better place to live in than Beijing. :cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.