DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Even though I have been working in photography for more years than I care to mention, I am not a photographer!
but during a cleaning session last night I decided to photograph some of my collection.
It's not big, but I love it

The 'Star' of my collection (in my opinion) with a CD to give real scale
SunStar 1:24 RM8 Routemaster 'London' Bus - No. 2297 out of 5,000 worldwide
(it has already sold out)

more to come

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Jeff

Thanks for your kind comments, also if any other member has had a bet with Felix, about my 'invisible' collection.
You've WON :giggle :giggle

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Thanks Nadav
The Aircraft on 3 of the shelves are 1:100 scale, they came as a 32 partwork (of which I had some spare parts that were in the DX October Giveaway) The others are various scales ranging from 1:90 to 1:400 (depending on the model). I really do suffer from "Notenoughshelfspaceitis" to quote Jeff aka Max Power

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
No Ali, I wish I had the skill
All the 1:100s came in a 32 partworks (ie each model had a mag which profiled the supplied model plus 2 others)
The series is now finished, but their website is still up an running
http://www.gefabbri.co.uk/AirCombatCollection/

As to the Minis, I bought those from the Oxford bus Museum, they are made by Hongwell and you can buy five in a set for approx £9 (I bought 2 different sets)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What a co-incidence, 3 weeks ago at a bus rally at the Oxford Bus Museum, there were 3 RM8's giving 30 minute rides, guess who had 3 rides? and drove one for at least 100 yards :giggle

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
My collection of 1:43s consist mainly of Matchbox (Models of Yesteryear), Lledo, Corgi and Solido with 1 Franklin Mint (a gift),
there are a few 1:36s in the backgound (Corgi)

The aircraft are 1:100 scale (32x partwork, ie diecast and history type magazine), I have 100+ various scale aircraft (again partworks),
but at present have no room to display them.

1:18 Anson 1932 Maybach DS8 Zeppelin
(I like 'old' cars) and this one in particular, can anyone guess why?

1:18 Signature 1930 Packard LeBaron

Will post more when they have been photographed

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Does this qualify?

I have such a fascination for 'partworks' that I've even got the Inspector Morse series of 33 DVDs'
To those who don't know who he is, He's a World 'Famous' Television Detective based in Oxford, where I live

Not shown here are my 'tv & movie' collection - (DoH) General Lee, (S&H) Red Tomato, (BttF II) Delorean and the Munsters Koach.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Jeff
Answer 1) Cars from left = Solido 1925 Panhard Levassor, next 4 are Matchbox (models of yesteryear) 1928 Bugatti Type 44 then 3 1936 Hispano Suizas' (3 different colours) they issued 4 colours, but the 4th is very rare and worth a lot more than the 3 I've got. :cry

Answer2) Cars from left = Solidos, 1965 Triumph TR6, Triumph Spitfire and Triumph TR3A

Answer 3) No, I only have 1 bus (and you know what that is) :giggle

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Luciano

and this one in particular, can anyone guess why?
Say what you like about the Nazi's of the 1930s (I agree with you!), they did have some
wonderful cars

You started to drive in '32?
Because I was a biker for 19 years, I didn't learn to drive until 1983

I will post more pics as soon as I can borrow the camera

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm afraid I haven't got a 'famed' bus collection, apart from the one you know about (in banner). But here are some 1:1s I'm involved with

1 - 20 of 33 Posts