DiecastXchange Forum banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Ken! you rule! There is so much charm in old world cars. So much character. My parents find all my 'modern exotic' cars looking the same. Its only when I get the cars from the '40s and '50s that they show any interest. And that happens only once in a blue moon. Wish there were more vintage cars in the market. Thats what I like too.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
You started to drive in '32? :lol :lol :lol :lol

Seriuosly though, you have an impressive and serious collection! :nicejob Every time I see a neat collection of smaller scale cars I envy it's owner for the ease of storage. And, of course, you hvae access to some cars that don't even exist in 1:18 dreams.

Congrats, great collection! :cheers

PS: Post some more pics and we can reconsider your Team Broke membership. :wink

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Very nice Ken :cheers :cheers
I have some questions for you young man....
What are
1) Top pic, top front row, cars 3 and 4 starting at the left (The wht/blueish green and wht/green cars)

2)Second pic, top front row, cars 1 and 2 starting on the left (Black Coupe and red sports car)

3) Do you have any 1:43 busses?
Or will they be in the next set of pics?

Please don't be afraid to show some individual shots of the cars in your collection :cheers

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Does this qualify?

I have such a fascination for 'partworks' that I've even got the Inspector Morse series of 33 DVDs'
To those who don't know who he is, He's a World 'Famous' Television Detective based in Oxford, where I live

Not shown here are my 'tv & movie' collection - (DoH) General Lee, (S&H) Red Tomato, (BttF II) Delorean and the Munsters Koach.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Alright, now were talking! :lol

BUT, me and everybody still wants to see your famed bus collection.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Jeff
Answer 1) Cars from left = Solido 1925 Panhard Levassor, next 4 are Matchbox (models of yesteryear) 1928 Bugatti Type 44 then 3 1936 Hispano Suizas' (3 different colours) they issued 4 colours, but the 4th is very rare and worth a lot more than the 3 I've got. :cry

Answer2) Cars from left = Solidos, 1965 Triumph TR6, Triumph Spitfire and Triumph TR3A

Answer 3) No, I only have 1 bus (and you know what that is) :giggle

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Luciano

and this one in particular, can anyone guess why?
Say what you like about the Nazi's of the 1930s (I agree with you!), they did have some
wonderful cars

You started to drive in '32?
Because I was a biker for 19 years, I didn't learn to drive until 1983

I will post more pics as soon as I can borrow the camera

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm afraid I haven't got a 'famed' bus collection, apart from the one you know about (in banner). But here are some 1:1s I'm involved with

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
You too? I first learned to ride a motorbike when I was 17, and only started driving cars when I was 19. My parentes were going to the US for a month and I was pratically forced to learn how to drive a car! :lol

You only have one bus? I was under the impression that you had quite a few in your collection. :confused

PS: Germans always knew how to make cars. :wink

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Very nice Ken! I'm the same as Luciano in that I envy how relatively easy it is to display a large amount of 1:43rds compared to trying the same trick with 1:18ths! Still, 677 models later it's too late for this leopard to change his spots!!!

I love the row of police 4x4s, any more info on them??? :feedback :cheers

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I'm going to have a problem soon with my 1:18 collection, I have space for another 5 cars!, as to the 4X4s' all made by Hongwell (Range Rover - Police, Mercedes - Politie and BMW - Ambulance)
The detailing isn't very special on them, but I fell in love with them, they looked so lonely on the shelf, I felt I had to give them a good home (they were also very cheap, £1.95 each)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
At the moment I only have 1 bus, although when it comes out shortly I wll be getting the Sunstar 1:24 Routemaster RM664 - Silver Lady - unpainted body (sister to my Routemaster RM8) 3rd in the series of 3 from Sunstar, I passed up the opportunity to buy the 2nd in the series Routemaster RM254, it was too similar to mine (the only differences is that the front windows were 'quarter drop' and the stairs had kick plates and of course the adverts) at £99 retail, I have to pick and choose.

I might be getting some other buses (specific to Oxford) but the problem is the scale is different ie. 1:50 and 1:76, so they won't sit nicely with my car collection of 1:43s. I'm rapidly running out of shelf space :cry

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Ken the is one big little car collection, do I see a little herbie the love bug in there as well.

Awesome Ken, also I like some planes, But have a real soft spot for the old spitfire plane, looking for a good kit and will build myself one.

Thanks for posting them photos.

"okay, he can now play one ABBA song of his choice :giggle "

:cheers

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Well done 'eagle eye' mike, there is a 'car 53' sitting in the background

As to the Spit, try this site http://www.airfix.co.uk/

Airfix do 3 scales of the 'Spit' - 1:72, 1:48 and 1:24 (the 1:24 is huge and retails in the UK for approx £35.99 ,not my model but a pic of a 1:24

Hey, that would sit nicely with my bus : :danbana

Winner takes it all........., :giggle

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Very nice exhibit you've got there in your house Ken! Strangely, it's your aircraft that really 'grabbed my eyeballs' :tongue :tongue I must try hard to resist collecting military aircraft or else I'll be sliding down a slippery slope I'll have no hope of getting off!

Q. Is that plane beside your sea-borne Harrier a Corsair or Crusader? I'd can't tell if the nose is pointy or rounded. I had a plastic model of a Corsair as a child but always like the looks of the Crusader more.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts