DiecastXchange Forum banner

Kyosho 1:18 575GTC *matt black*

3K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  JJZ109er 
#1 ·
here's some really really rough pics... really tired and slpy now... gotta go slp... :)

lovely car,well worth the $$$$..
I'm so glad its made by Kyosho, if AUTOart made it, it would costs alot more and will be sealed

:shipwrecked

See less See more
#12 ·
Congratulations Louis. Good to see that you have not completely given up on adding to your collection. I would be waiting for a liveried version though.
I agree with Noddy about the matt finish being easily marked. Its the very slate like nature of the thing and keep your oily hands of it. Guess Thorst will have a solution to it.

#13 ·
yup. it's true, the finish is easily marked, the yellow and red cars have not arrived here yet, so i bought the matt black first.... :)

hope to see more Kyosho FErraris...
i got my car locally for around SGD$100
makes it about USD$67??? which is why i said it's super great value for wat u get :)

#16 ·
I agree with the general consensus here; that model does look fantastic. I was personally dividen on whether red or black was better, but that black does look fantastic. I would say I'll look for one when it comes down in price, but this is Kyosho we're talking about, that never happens.

#17 ·
Congrats Louis. That's a fantastic looking model of a gorgeous car. I quite like the black but I think it would be too easily scratched and marked for my liking.

I will sign the petition for some liveried cars too though! I might even attempt my own if Kyosho don't deliver, though it's a pricey model to be experimenting with!

#18 ·
Matte finish is hard to protect, so that's why the auto manufactures don't do it on production cars. It's much easier to protect paint under thick clear coat.

But on the side note, I really liked the concept version of the BMW Z4M shown at the auto shows last year. We won't see the matte silver finish on production models, but it's at least this concept looks awesome.

#21 ·
I know this is late for this post, but the matt black finished model has been discontinued and the new release is a satin black finish which I would assume to be more forgiving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.