DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
2,803 Posts
Some re-releases I've been hoping for, including the F40 - a rash free version of it, I'm hoping! Speaking of paint rash, does anyone think that Kyosho leaned their lesson, or that they even give a monkey's? :unsure:

I also might pick one or two of the old Lambos. I'm not too impressed with the Cobras tbh, stance and fit/finish look all over the place there. :rolleyes:

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the pictures it shows the f40 has an opening fuel cap. Wasn't this only on the high end model? If so could be a re-release of that. Would be even better if that was the case.

· Registered
49 Posts
The high end version already corrected that, right?
Yes, you are right, i wasn't aware of that... Absent of kevlar(?) imitation in front compartment leed me to think that this was re-release of regular version..

Wasn't this only on the high end model?
You are right, only high end had that, and if im not mistaken on pictures there are visible security pins on wheels locknuts, also feature of high end version..

· Registered
303 Posts
What is the typical pricepoint for a Kyosho these days?

I am liking that Evo IX MR, but likely not enough to spend a ton on it. I know it's sealed, but that's a non-issue for me. I'm curious if it's a rebranded Otto. My 3000GT / GTO has Kyosho branding but it's an Otto.

· Registered
1,359 Posts
those headlights on the countach look like they have a horrible fitment. keeping my aa's then, but those ferraris are nice.
why tf are they making a subaru sambar. would have preferred a nissan sunny or those old hilux pickups

I'm curious if it's a rebranded Otto.
i expect them to be re branded ottos just as always. Wouldbt be surprised to see some of them show up as ottos later on in other colors as we have seen in the past.

· Administrator
35,254 Posts
I've put this is a sticky :)

Hmm, the catalogue is quite good but most of the same models they released years ago.

Reactions: AN02EWC

· Registered
629 Posts
The fact they are doing the 1991 WRC Toyota Celicas in Diecast 1/18 is refreshing. But I’d be super pleased if they did Juha Kankkunen’s 1993 Toyota Celica (working pop-up headlights would be a bonus) and Didier Auriol’s 1995 Rally Corsica winning Toyota Celica in Diecast 1/18 too. For Kyosho to also do, in fully-opening die cast 1/18, the Ferrari 488 Pista and Ferrari 355 GTS w/opening headlights would be a God-send from Heaven

· Registered
7,670 Posts
The fact they are doing the 1991 WRC Toyota Celicas in Diecast 1/18 is refreshing. But I’d be super pleased if they did Juha Kankkunen’s 1993 Toyota Celica (working pop-up headlights would be a bonus) and Didier Auriol’s 1995 Rally Corsica winning Toyota Celica in Diecast 1/18 too. For Kyosho to also do, in fully-opening die cast 1/18, the Ferrari 488 Pista and Ferrari 355 GTS w/opening headlights would be a God-send from Heaven
I would like to see those rally cars too, but the 1993 version is a ST185 (the most successful of the rally Celicas) and the 1995 is the ST205.
That would require two brand new toolings, since I don't think either was produced back in the day.
I'm still hoping for the 1980 Fiat 131 rally Monte Carlo winner to return.

· Registered
96 Posts
HOLY RAVIOLI, 'RRARI IS BACK!!!

So I'll get the chance to lay my hands on the proper, street F40 for less than half its current retail? Still can't believe it.

Also, Kyosho, if you are reading it PLEASE make Eugenio Amos Verde Abetone with tan interior one. I'm actually begging you.
And a black one while we're at it. And a dark blue one. A gunmetal one too. F40 literally looks better in almost any color other than red.

Some re-releases I've been hoping for, including the F40 - a rash free version of it, I'm hoping! Speaking of paint rash, does anyone think that Kyosho leaned their lesson, or that they even give a monkey's? :unsure:

I also might pick one or two of the old Lambos. I'm not too impressed with the Cobras tbh, stance and fit/finish look all over the place there. :rolleyes:
Treat me like a guinea pig, I've got a 'new' old mould Stratos + the all-new Land Cruiser from them. So far so good in the rash department.
Had a new Wolf Countach 500s (the red one with japanese plates) for a short while, had to return it (not QC related). Truth to be told, I was a bit relieved it turned out this way. I was super hyped for it because it's the one that got away - to be precise, its older version with gloss black fender flares and without plates.

At the time I didn't know Aa's released them too, so it seemed like a perfect match. It is a really solid model, but... I agree with Lambo on this one. Looking for an Aa now/waiting for them to release a revised version. I love the aggressive stance and the detailed engine, but I'm not a fan of pegs in the fog lights, fit of the lights or the (very 1980s Italian) fit of the doors.

It was in every respect an 'old' model and as much as in case of F40, 250 GTO or their M3 it's absolutely not a bad thing, the Countach left me with a strange aftertaste. Stratos too, albeit to a lesser extent. And I don't know of a better opening one in existence, so this one'll have to do.

I'm not too impressed with the Cobras tbh, stance and fit/finish look all over the place there. :rolleyes:
Could you please elaborate on it more? I'd love to add a Cobra and I guess there's no competition currently. Been looking at the pictures and I'm not convinced, but they don't seem bad. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

In the pictures it shows the f40 has an opening fuel cap. Wasn't this only on the high end model? If so could be a re-release of that. Would be even better if that was the case.
Funny, I have a regular one and I was convinced the regular edition has an opening cap too... Strange. According to Minotaurus, it does not. Here's his great comparo of hi-end vs non-hi-end (mind you, there's a disclaimer he's also added some detail to the front and back compartments in both): 1987 Ferrari F40 1:18 Kyosho Hi-end, Kyosho comparison – Minotaurus I've also never noticed the incorrect placement of the rear lights.

What is the typical pricepoint for a Kyosho these days?

I am liking that Evo IX MR, but likely not enough to spend a ton on it. I know it's sealed, but that's a non-issue for me. I'm curious if it's a rebranded Otto. My 3000GT / GTO has Kyosho branding but it's an Otto.
For opening die-casts: 220-250 USD. Sealed resins/die-casts sell for half that or less.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts