DiecastXchange Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

· Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, the pegs are disappointing. But here's a chance to get one at a reasonable price. I think AA would be great, but I don't even see it on their upcoming list so who knows when that'll happen.
Reasonable? How much are they wherever you live then? Here Kyoshos are hard to get and usually cost 200-250 USD with new Aa retailing at around 300 USD. That's not a minute difference, but (to me at least) the same price bracket as Aa and way past the reasonable price bucket.

I am betting on Aa re-releasing Countach solely because of their recent affection for all things Lambo and the release of Diablo SE30. Might as well be baseless, but I spend too much on models anyway and have a bit of life to live (I hope), so I'll wait ;)

i am afraid not. However I suppose they could if they wish to since they already made the fully opening 308/328 series.. a missed opportunity sadly cos I reckon those will sell very well. I guess I could say the same about their 550 GTC as well. They really should made the road going 550 Maranello alongside with the race car no doubt they will be heaps better than UT and HWE me think.
Not sure about that since their 308 is completely off proportion and as far as I know 288 GTO was based on 308, but for the life of me I can't understand why they did 550 GTC and passed on 550 Maranello. I'd buy a shipping container worth of them.

In this case, I would be delighted, because I find the announcement of these Ferrari 250 GTO, Testarossa and F40, as well as the Lancia Delta Intégrale, terribly motivating.
Err... I guess Delta, at least its street versions, is already available for quite some time ;) I've been seeing them in the classifieds for the last 2 years. Same with most Countach models and Cobras.

· Registered
7,661 Posts
Be more attentive, Kyosho announces the 4WD version of the Lancia Delta, that is to say the first version of the Integral of 1987, in addition to the version Evoluzione 2 of 1992 already released.;)
True indeed, it's been way too long since such a version has been offered in opening metal.
I wonder if a 1988/9 version with the wider arches will follow.....

· Registered
346 Posts
Indeed, let's imagine these 4WD of 1987, the HF 16V of 1989 (the red Martini livery was sublime!), the Evoluzione 92 that we know at Kyosho, in addition to the S4 of AUTOart, the lineage would be magnificent in our display cabinets!

· Registered
96 Posts
Be more attentive, Kyosho announces the 4WD version of the Lancia Delta, that is to say the first version of the Integral of 1987, in addition to the version Evoluzione 2 of 1992 already released.;)
Sorry, I don't speak Delta ;) All I know is that I prefer the bigger inner headlamps of Evo II and that... I'd rather have Autoart take a shot at them. It's a very angular car and Kyosho's mould is showing its age.

· Registered
7,661 Posts
The latest re-released Delta and Stratos I got had paint rash within 6 months.
I bought two versions of the recent release rally Delta and no issues after around a year.
Several years ago I bought an original release Lancia 037, and recently bought another - from the new batch, no issues.
I also bought a yellow Fiat 131 Abarth street (actually a plain rally version) and an orange BMW2002 and no issues.
Perhaps I'm tempting fate......

· Registered
700 Posts
Indeed, let's imagine these 4WD of 1987, the HF 16V of 1989 (the red Martini livery was sublime!), the Evoluzione 92 that we know at Kyosho, in addition to the S4 of AUTOart, the lineage would be magnificent in our display cabinets!
I want them! Happy Kyosho making the 4WD. Then we need Integrale 8V and 16V.
Happy also for Celica (even if I am satisfied by the Otto), Subaru, and Ferraris.

I bought two versions of the recent release rally Delta and no issues after around a year.
Several years ago I bought an original release Lancia 037, and recently bought another - from the new batch, no issues.
I also bought a yellow Fiat 131 Abarth street (actually a plain rally version) and an orange BMW2002 and no issues.
Perhaps I'm tempting fate......
For me something similar. I have some Kyosho model (since 20 years ago), and usually they have no problems.
Only one I bought used has something.
I wonder if there is something related with how they are stored.
Maybe never touching them with naked skin? Moisture?
I've always had the "sensation" that new models need some "fresh air".

· Registered
7,661 Posts

Which is why I drill holes in the display cases mine are stored in.

It's a very angular car and Kyosho's mould is showing its age.

The whole body shell will need to be new, there are just so many changes that the original Evo2 could not be used.
Perhaps the doors, the glass components and parts of the interior.
If AUTOart were to produce one of their 'new age' resins of the earlier cars, I would stick with the Kyosho.

· Registered
3,949 Posts
I am betting on Aa re-releasing Countach solely because of their recent affection for all things Lambo and the release of Diablo SE30. Might as well be baseless, but I spend too much on models anyway and have a bit of life to live (I hope), so I'll wait ;)
While re-releasing them isnt going to bring the price tag down but hopefully with wider availabilities that will hopefully stabilise the prices in secondhand market. Not all Autoart worth 4 digits figure (in fact none of them should tbh)

I remember a long while back the old Autoart Diablo SV was in hot demand and they easily went as far as $500 but it seems that they might have fell from grace now. I imagine the countless resin Diablo and the new AA Diablo might have put a dent in that.

Not sure about that since their 308 is completely off proportion and as far as I know 288 GTO was based on 308, but for the life of me I can't understand why they did 550 GTC and passed on 550 Maranello. I'd buy a shipping container worth of them.
I am no mean an expert on the 308/328 series so I won't be able to really comment on the accuracy of the Kyosho models. However they were fairly well built IMO and I always rank them as 2nd best next to Autoart. It is a missed opportunity for not trying to extend their lineup to include the 288GTO since it is based off the 308. The 1/18 Ferrari 288GTO with full opening and popup lights will easily be the top seller. So far the only closest one we could get is the 1/12 Tamiya set. I regret for not buying one when a loose one came up for sale asking just $300 many years ago.

I also remember long ago one of the forum members here commissioned a custom build of the 1/18 288GTO using HW and the donor popup lights from the Kyosho 308. It was an epic build.

· Registered
3,812 Posts
I also remember long ago one of the forum members here commissioned a custom build of the 1/18 288GTO using HW and the donor popup lights from the Kyosho 308. It was an epic build.
I think that forum member was MRM, who has a lot of knowledge and skills, banned by DX because he broke some rules.

· Registered
3,949 Posts
I think that forum member was MRM, who has a lot of knowledge and skills, banned by DX because he broke some rules.
Ah yes i think he was the builder. There were detailed progress photos and the end result was fantastic and i think the one really caught my attention was the awesome working popup lights.

· Registered
96 Posts
I wonder if there is something related with how they are stored.
Maybe never touching them with naked skin? Moisture?
Humidity, temperature and light definitely can have an effect on the stability of a material. I've also been wondering if moisture and oils left with fingerprints make a difference. My most rashed Kyosho's been touched with bare hands more than once. On the other hand, it has rash even in the crevices you'd have to really make an effort to reach.

While re-releasing them isnt going to bring the price tag down but hopefully with wider availabilities that will hopefully stabilise the prices in secondhand market. Not all Autoart worth 4 digits figure (in fact none of them should tbh)

I remember a long while back the old Autoart Diablo SV was in hot demand and they easily went as far as $500 but it seems that they might have fell from grace now. I imagine the countless resin Diablo and the new AA Diablo might have put a dent in that.
That's what I'm aiming for, I see that Wolfs in particular are in a pretty wide brackets, but with most offers asking between 350 and 500 USD and in Japan, I'd much rather wait for a composite one. Diablo SE30 is so crisp that (I hope...) nobody in their right mind would pay 500 for an old SV now.

I am no mean an expert on the 308/328 series so I won't be able to really comment on the accuracy of the Kyosho models. However they were fairly well built IMO and I always rank them as 2nd best next to Autoart.
Kyosho's 308 is either too wide for the length or the front end is too chunky, it should be a tad slimmer up front and widening towards the front arches should be more pronounced.

credits: @Martinoss

It's still a very nice model of a car similar to 308, but not quite it ;)

41 - 60 of 66 Posts