DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I've got a bit of a dilema on my hands. My local modelshop has just had a few Competiziones in, and although I don't collect racecars, the opinons of fellow members on the quality and detailing is swaying me towards them.

Are they still a hard to find model? If they are i'm considering buying everyone he has as an investment. Should i do this or am i being greedy and stupid?

:feedback I would appreciate a quick response, as i'm going in about 4 hours.

Thanks alot.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Jim, the Competiziones had been sold out for a while and were fetching ridiculous prices on eBay. Very late last year, though, they were re-released, and that's when I got mine. Now they aren't as rare and are sold for about 70 USD.

There are always good deals though.

Edit: grammer, grammor, gremmar, grammar :giggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply Gian.

I will probably just buy 1 for myself then, as they are not cheap. They have a very nice gray coloured AUTOart Boxter in so I can get that now too :happy :danbana .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've made my decision.

I bought 1 Competizione, and a Boxster and Cossie to keep it company.

This is my first race car and i'm genuinely concerned that i've opened a can of worms up. It's going to be a costly one :scared :scared .

I hope Kyosho don't release a whole series of Daytona Competiziones because i can't won't be able to stop myself. What i've just said won't please LUW, but i have to think about the health of my wallet! :giggle

·
Registered
407 Posts
Kyosho have a habit of re-relaesing models. I had a couple of Mazda RX7's which were quite rare and worth more than I paid for them. then they re-relaesed them and the vaue has plumited. They did the same with the nissan skyline calsonic and now I hear the Nissan 300zx is to be re-released. My advise never buy a kyosho as an investment.
I've been told that Kyosho make model in batches (more moulds than moulding machines), that wy they dry up and then suddenly become readily available again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Beemer,

Now you mention it, Kyosho re-issues regularly. Having had a look round, Competiziones are relatively easy to get hold of at the moment. Thats why i have only bought one - its for myself to enjoy and not an investment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.