DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between the Auto Art Lamborghini Countach 5000S and the Kyosho Lambo Countach LP500S? The only thing I noticed was that the paint of the Kyosho is 2 colors, and has the spoiler that lifted into another trunk.

Did Auto Art not want the back to lift up (Or is the 5000 not suppose to)? What are the real differences between these 2 cars? And What are the differeneces between the 2 models, quality wise?

I'm thinking about going with the Kyosho. It's cheaper and it might be more detailed. Not sure. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I had to return my Kyosho Countach due to poor paint quality. I also returned a Ferrari Daytona GTB4 at the same time. Both models were black. Seems Kyosho had some issues with black models.

I now have a black Countach from AUTOart. The paint job is very good, but I noticed I rubbed off some paint when I used Goo Gone to clean off the glue from the stickers. Luckly, it was very little. I've never had problem with Goo Gone on AUTOart models. I don't know why it was different this time.

:confused

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh it can...lol.

Ricko is not a horrible company, but their not on par with AUTOart and Kyosho. They might give Maisto a run for their money though.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Does the Kyosho have the same amount of parts, or more of them made of metal of some type? I agree, alot of AUTOart's seem kind of light. How's the Kyosho in weight?

One more thing. Does the Kyosho have an good looking undercarriage? And if anybody has the AUTOart, how is the undercarriage on that?

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
:iagree Ricko's Lambo is not bad....it's horrible! :scared

We ordered one when it came out a few months ago....and it's still on the store shelf as nobody wants it! Very poor job from Ricko on this one :3

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love the Countach, it's beem my favorite super car since I was young. I chose the Kyosho, even though it does have some inaccuracies, beause I felt it captured the look of the car better than the AUTOart. If memory serve me correctly the Kyosho has a slight problem with the angle of the roof and winshield as well as the stance is a bit too low. The wheels are more accurately painted on the Kyosho and the headlights, when up, are much more accurate. Also, the rear wing does indeed have a trunk under it on the real car.

Either way, it's a chance to show off one of my favorite models. ;)

http://home.earthlink.net/~fdoveraker/countach2.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~fdoveraker/countach3.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~fdoveraker/countach4.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.