DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Recently purchased this model and overall I am satisfied. The car feels heavy and solid. The silver/grey metallic paint is applied really well all around. The carbon fiber roof looks very realistic. The interior is of good quality as in all kyoshos. The engine is the V8 from the 2002 M5 and is reproduced decently. Wheels look very realistic but the drilled rotors are static but look realistic nevertheless.

However, the single most noticeable flaw on this model is the huge gap between the hood and the fender. I am not sure if it just my particular model or all the models are affected, but it somewhat takes the realism away when the model is viewed closely up front.

For comparisons to the real car heres a link to the 1:1 : M3 GTR

·
Registered
260 Posts
Man I love this and the new M6, love the use of carbon on them. Can't wait to get both of them someday, Congrats on the edition. I was very impressed with the seats and the engine cover and how realistic it looks like its wrapped in carbon.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I agree, those panel gaps drive me crazy, especially when you know they could have done better. Although, with this model I don't really pay attention to those because it look so good! Kyosho did an excellent job on the interior it seems.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have the blue one, and I have the gap too, but not quite as bad as yours. I think Kyosho based this off the older standard M3 mold which is why it is not up to their current standard.

Darrick: So far silver and blue are the only color choices. These are the only colors shown on the box as well, so I don't know if any other colors are planned.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
Congrats.....but sorry about the gap!

I can't remember how it is on mine? :confused

Darrick, if you want a yellow or black, you'll have to go with the regular M3. :cheers

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Congrats on adding this. The E46 M3 looks good in any guise. Pity about the panel gap, but as Lloyd said I believe that's a result of the Kyosho M3 mold being quite old now. That would explain the static brake discs too - not something you would expect to find on a new Kyosho release.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Congrats on your new addition - looks very nice!

@Darrick: Wait and see. It's foreseeable BMW will go the same way with its dealer edition as with the Minichamps GTR - nearly each quarter a new color...
So we will see it in phoenix yellow, carbon black, imola red, oxford green, ... :giggle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.