DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
:coolpics:

Really like this colour for the Z4 especially the rims!!
I'm deciding between this and the blue DE version. I'm leaning towards this because of the rims but I've heard around here that the bumper is...darker colour or something? Is it obvious?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:coolpics:

Really like this colour for the Z4 especially the rims!!
I'm deciding between this and the blue DE version. I'm leaning towards this because of the rims but I've heard around here that the bumper is...darker colour or something? Is it obvious?
Do you notice any difference between the bumpers in my pictures or any other pictures posted on diecastxchange? I mean can you tell if I never said anything?

Anyways, if you REALLY want to see the difference, I have a few pictures that will show definitely but that may deter you away from getting the gray.

I want to use the Nikon D40 next time but I am still learning how to operate it. Like I don't know how to use the settings. I want to get the background in focus too

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Lol. Yea thats the thing, I can't really see it but some members around here have said that it is quite obvious. So I was just wondering. lol.

I don't use the Nikon D40, so I'm not too sure about the settings of the DOF or the aperture for the Nikon. Perhaps someone with a Nikon D40 can help. Sorry dude.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol. Yea thats the thing, I can't really see it but some members around here have said that it is quite obvious. So I was just wondering. lol.

I don't use the Nikon D40, so I'm not too sure about the settings of the DOF or the aperture for the Nikon. Perhaps someone with a Nikon D40 can help. Sorry dude.
I think that member was me who said it was obvious.
Everyone else says its acceptable. Anyways, I bought the car knowing it had this problem because of the plastic bumpers but it didn't hinder me from getting it. I liked the color, red seats, and wheels.

I notice it but its just very subtle when there's natural light. But if you turn on the flash on your camera, the difference becomes more noticeable.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Haha. Well the red seats and rims does look good. lol.

Anyway thanks for the tip. I think that the colour problem isnt really such a big problem since its barely visible under natural light.
looking forward to more outdoor pics from you!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Nice to see you've taken it outside for some shots! I like the scenery with the mountains in the background - we don't get anything like that in Sydney. As for getting the background in focus, trying using a higher aperture (eg, f/22). Looking forward to more outdoor pics!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Nice to see you've taken it outside for some shots! I like the scenery with the mountains in the background - we don't get anything like that in Sydney. As for getting the background in focus, trying using a higher aperture (eg, f/22). Looking forward to more outdoor pics!
Thanks!

Ok, I have a D40 which I still not very familiar with it. So, is it better for me to put it in A mode or M mode?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Thanks!

Ok, I have a D40 which I still not very familiar with it. So, is it better for me to put it in A mode or M mode?
The best way to get used to it is to play around with the settings. If the Nikon has a mode where the aperture can be set manually and the shutter is set automatically, I would recommend that setting. On Canons this is the "Av" setting. If not, M mode is the way to go. Just play around with the shutter speed, aperture and ISO! You'll get the hang of it soon enough.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The best way to get used to it is to play around with the settings. If the Nikon has a mode where the aperture can be set manually and the shutter is set automatically, I would recommend that setting. On Canons this is the "Av" setting. If not, M mode is the way to go. Just play around with the shutter speed, aperture and ISO! You'll get the hang of it soon enough.
yah that A setting is where the user sets the aperture and the camera chooses the shutter. alright, I will play with it and hope to get some good results!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
yah that A setting is where the user sets the aperture and the camera chooses the shutter. alright, I will play with it and hope to get some good results!
When you use smaller aperture, less light goes into the camera and to compensate for this, shutter takes a little longer to open / close. You're more susceptible to camera shake / blurred photos. Make sure you have decent tripod support in low light.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
What? You have BETTER backgrounds !

When you use smaller aperture, less light goes into the camera and to compensate for this, shutter takes a little longer to open / close. You're more susceptible to camera shake / blurred photos. Make sure you have decent tripod support in low light.
They might be better but I'm starting to run out of ideas. Thankfully I've slowed down with buying diecasts

I always get smaller vs. larger aperture mixed up. So the higher the f-number, the smaller the aperture (duh, when I think about it now).

·
Registered
511 Posts
Those are some great shots you have there! Definitely makes a difference when you have outdoor shots, so can't wait to see more outdoor pics!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.