DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the quality like on the Kyosho BMW's?

The only Kyosho model I have in my collection is that of the Toyota Supra.

Being that it is an older model, I would think their quality has taken a leap forward.

I am now interested in the M6 and 6 Series Coupe. Does anyone have any info on these models?

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
I would like to get me a M6 too, it looks fabulous and the color is awesome!!! I don't know where to find it. I've check this week on Scale18 and I couldn't find it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only have 1 Kyosho BMW (A 325ti Compact), and I can tell you the quality is factastc. The engine detail is pretty good, real seatbelts, good fit and finish, but the best part is the interior. The alumium trim in mine looks great, and well, I love it. In fact, I just ordered a Kyosho 745i which should be arriving soon. :happy

Plus, I got the 325ti Compact for only $35.00... quite a steal if you ask me!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Ferrai Daytonas and they are fantastic. Ive seen a few BMWs in person and the detail is great. I especially like the 6 and 3 series.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a few (745i, 6 series coupe, 6 series ragtop, X3, the 2002tii, the Moto GP safety car, and just last week, the 330i), and they're pretty outstanding. The quality of the paint and assembly is top notch. And they're usually pretty heavy models, and very solid on the hand.

The interior details are amazing - I wish there was a way to make more of a show of these on display.

Funny - I was never a big BMW fan (though I did get to bomb around a lot in a 2002 back in the early 'eighties), but the models are some of my favorites.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Darrick

in my humble opinion the quality of the majority of Kyosho BMWs I own is better than most AAs in terms of build quality. This is evident when cleaning the cars with a duster, as it never gets snagged on poorly fitted parts such as lights and grills.

However, I do have a gripe about post 7 series Kyosho BMWs. The 7 er was the last model to have a fully moulded, separate engine block. Since then the models only have a moulded upper portion of the engine which sits on a bed of plastic (the 330i and X3 come to mind).
That aside, I would highly recommend them.

:cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
For now, I only have one Kyosho BMW (328 Cab). I'm very satisfied with it, it's really well made.

When I look at all my newer Kyoshos (not just BMW's), they have the best QC out of the Big 3 (Minichamps/AUTOart/Kyo). Very few of my Kyos have QC problems. Also, the interiors are just amazing, AUTOart/Minichamps can't touch them.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I love my Kyosho BMWs. Most are dealer version models, but I'm sure retail models are as good. I've read the X5 has visible tabs on tail lights but I see no such thing on my other models. Highly recommanded!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Kyosho BMWs are great!
I have the M5 and got to hold many of them such as 6, M3, X3, X5, 5, 7.
Almost all of them are super! The quality is very good, I like Kyosho body more than AUTOart because it's more diecast, less plastic and the feel is good, the models weight!!
Details also are very nice in all compartments, I like kyosho hinges because in most cases they are small and hided.

The 6 series (inc. convertible) is incredible, I was very impressed when seeing these.
I don't think you would ask more for 50$

The M6 is a dealer ed so far, there are 2 more colors to be out as a dealer ed till the end of 2005, and next year Kyosho will release it as a regular (colors unknown)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the feedback, I guess I can go ahead and pick those two up then :cheers

Might as well look into the M5 as well :tempted

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
One more thing!

Not to hi-jack the thread, but I also have Jadi's 5 series, and I like this budget model ALOT. It goes really well with my Kyosho dealer M5. Don't rule Jadi out if you are interested in the new 5 series! :cheers

Another good thing about Kyosho models are the accessaries. Tops for convertables, bags, skate board, etc. Fun stuff! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Matt,

thanks for chiming in, I was wondering if all of the convertibles came with tops. Thanks for clarifying.

I don't need a convertible at this time as I picked up Maistos version, to bad it doesn't have a top.

What versions does Jadi makes. As a matter of fact I am not familiar with any of Jadi models.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kyosho's BMW line is just outstanding in quality and in value. I both have the Kyosho M3s and the Aas. To that, I would have to say that I prefer the Kyo's over the AUTOart's. Just for the fact that they are detailed better inside and out. The finish on them are flawless and there's so much to fiddle with like the movable armrest, suspension and etc. And the M5 is just superb and I highly recommend it! :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the feedback.

I got a little confused as I confused some Kyosho models with that of the Minichamps, but I seemed to have figured it out now.

I may be wrong for asking this, but I am going to ask anyway :giggle

In your personal assessments/opinions, how would you rank the Minichamps, Kyosho and AUTOart BMW's :feedback

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I have one Kyosho, the M5, and used to have a Kyosho Mini Cooper. The Cooper was great; the M5 is very nice too with exceptional detail and well-fitting parts. The only complaint about the M5 was a number of paint problems, most of which I fixed. Be sure to be careful about this and inspect the one you get!

·
Registered
910 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
I prefer Kyosho and then PMA and AUTOart.

The reason: BMW orders all models in one quality standard. It is all the same, which model from which manufacturer (Ky, AUTOart or PMA) you buy...
Only one problem has Kyosho: sometimes the front wheels stands too inside (for example: BMW M3 CSL E46).

I'm happy with Kyosho. Kyosho has an exclusive contract with BMW. All new BMW cars come from Kyosho (dealer version), only a few new BMW's (M3, M3 CSL) come AUTOart too. Minichamps produces as new BMW cars only the M3 GTR (E46).
With older BMW cars: BMW lets produce as dealer version the older Bimmers from Ky, AUTOart and PMA. Here is my ranking Ky, AUTOart and PMA...

If you take a look on a part of my homepage, then you can make a overview, who makes the best Bimmers:

BMW models

·
Registered
253 Posts
Kyosho BMW's are very nice models. I have almost every Kyosho BMW model made. Some of the models have minor exterior and wheel flaws btu that is about all. The interiors are extremely impressive! If you want any detailed pictures, just let me know. I think I am at around 12 Kyosho BMW models.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Darrick,

In terms of quality, I've found that Kyosho are the best, followed by AUTOart and then its Minichamps/PMA.
Although PMAs are well detailed they don't have the solid feel of the other two. For instance, on my Minichamps BMW 3.0CSL the shutlines are quite big and the panels (hood, doors) feel a little loose in comparison.

:cheers

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.