DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
What's Shelby Collectible Cobra? I can't find one on ebay. And it looks better than the Kyosho. Where can I find one?

·
Mr. Sandman
327 Posts
The Shelby Collectible's Cobra doesn't look bad at all, it looks fairly decent compared to Kyosho's Cobra. Thanks for the comparo.

:cheers

:goodpost

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to the Cobras, and the rear is a little different on each. And also the tail lights are different. Which one is more correct?
:feedback

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
As far as the tailights are concerned the single element square tails were common on the early 427 bodies, the later 427 bodies before Shelby ended 427 production and sales featured the dual element round tails. Both are correct for different points in 427 production in the sixties.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
And what about the rear of the body? The Kyosho looks a little more slimer to my eye. I know that there's nothing perfect, but which one is closer to the real thing?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You be the judge...

This is CSX 4124

This is CSX 4274

Not sure of this one's chassis number

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I still think that the Shelby Collectibles did a much better job on the rear fenders but the Kyosho is the most detailed and best finished model.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Jeff, I'm really on the fence because of that. Kyosho's car has such better details (carpete, seat belts, chrome) that it should be the winner. But then there's the body. I don't know if now I'm biased, but from the pics that shelby fan posted, the Kysoho doesn't look so wrong now (or did they really change the mold?).

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I agree, the Kyosho doesn't look so wrong and I am very unsure if they changed the mould or not :confused

Me thinks I will have to buy one and see for myself :giggle

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
I don't know...
The more I study the pics, the less I think they changed the back end. :confused

ShelbyFan, do you have an early Kyosho or a Y?M that you can compare the new Kyosho to?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tonight after work I will definitely post a three way comparo between the Shelby Collectible, Kyosho, and Yat Ming! Stay tuned

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The people in The Pub at Scale 18 have been having the same debate as to whether new molds were used for the Shelby, and the consensus seems to be forming that this is a new mold. I think so too. The top curvature of the Shelby's rear fender appears flatter than the Kyosho , and look at the fist two pics; the curvature between the front fender and the hood certainly appears deeper on the Shelby. And as for detail, sure the Kyosho should be better as it costs about twice the price.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
While I feel comfortable with the opinion that the Shelby molds differ from Kyosho's, I just compared the pics with my Yat-Ming and they look almost identical! The same Shelby curvatures I mentioned above are the same on the Yat-Ming. Also, YM has the seperate taillights and they both use huge dog legs. In fact, the only differences I found are the shape of the wheel flairings. So did Shelby use YM's molds? :confused

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am confident after photographing and holding all three in my hands that the Shelby Car is moild is most similar to the Kyosho in overall shape. I think overall detail is the Kyosho's strong suit, but I think the Shelby has a better body and stance than the rest!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.