DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've mentioned previously, I usually only buy and collect post-1960's racing models. If it don't have a number on it, I ain't buyin'! However, I do have some old Maisto and Bburago Lambo models from when I first started out in the hobby, and I find that I do like those exotics. So...

I put up additional wall shelving in my diecast room, and found that I had some empty shelf space to fill. Having seen many pictures of the Kyosho LP400 and LP500 on the DX is the HOT SPOT !!! board, I decided to take a chance and order these models. The LP400 arrived first, and man am I impressed! Exterior and interior are perfect. The interior is carpeted and the dash is padded/flocked. Panel gaps are close tolerance and everything fits. The car sits like the real thing. When I place it next to my Maistos and Bburagos, it makes them look like toys.

And to think that you can buy it for less than $60 including S/H.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paint quality is excellent. It has been applied thick, and there is very little orange peel, if any. When you apply wax it shines up nicely. The car has a good weighty feel to it, and there doesn't seem to be as much plastic in it as, say, and AUTOart model (not a knock on AUTOart...I like most of what they put out!). All in all, an extremely nice model, even more so at this price point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.