DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need opinions please regarding the Kyosho Individual dealer edition. I recently contacted a local BMW dealer and they have some instock. The asking price for it is $125CAD+tax ($145 w/tax) and this release is limited 1500 worldwide. Is it worth the asking price? :confused :feedback

Here's a pic from an Ebayer.

:cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello M3

I don't think this model has anymore detail than the standard non limited ed M3 cabrios. You are simply paying a premium for exclusivity.

If my memory serves correct KKwhung (Kelvin) and dragon_fly (Tim) both have one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
As far as I remember, the KY 3er cab came with amber blinkers instead of this dealer's version's white blinkers and the rims are also different. The rest of the model I believe is identical. Model is a limtied edition of 1500 pcs.

If you are just looking for a 3er cab, you might as well get the standard version, which is still readily available.

If you are looking for a more unique color for the model, then I would go for this one.

For your reference, I paid about 72 euro shipped to Toronto for mine.

Also, the model pictured is a std 3er Cab, not an M3...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kelvin for the brief insight regarding this matter. I am looking for something different, a different flaired 3series. I don't know if this price is reasonable this time around. I assume that you got yours when it was first introduced to the market, that explains the lower price tag. I'm 75% sure that I want it, but I'm still in between about the pricing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Actually TJ, if you contact Mikel (owner of MR) off eBay, he can sell the model to you without the VAT (that's 16% off), it will be slightly cheaper, but he charges either a 5% Paypal fee or a 3% credit card fee.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank Kelvin. I have emailed Mikel and he wants 37Euro for the shipping plus 5% for Paypal. It comes out the same price as the dealer ones that I had inquired. It roughly comes to $140CAD, then there's that chance that the customs might charge me for the package.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
It looks fantastic...and the color is awesome! :tongue

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you Kelvin and Dragon_fly for the excellent pics! :cheers I am picking up the model this Friday afternoon along with the replacement M5. I can't wait and I found more pics from the net that sold me to it. :giggle

Gary, the wheels on this is actually the optional M-package rims. That explains why it looks so much like the one used on the M3.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the Individual today from the dealer. I am very satisfied with the model. Thanks again for all the help. Along with the Individual, I got the replacement M5. Finally, an M5 without any quality issues. I will have some pics up for all of you to enjoy, but it might take a while. :giggle

-TJ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.