DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purists avert your eyes!

I've been seeing pics of this car around the internet and like it quite a bit.

I like the stanced look but not so much the wheels. So then I saw this car and prefer the wheels on it a bit more.

Meet the subject, looking very grandpa-like on those tall-sidewalled.... 16s?

I popped those nursing home slippers off and tried a 17" front, 18" rear combo for size

Perfect! Couple more angles

But those aren't the wheels I'm going for. Those would be Work CR Kai with a reverse lip. Unfortunately I only have an 18" insert at the moment so I can only mock up the rear.

Thinking of doing a bronze/gold colour

Also find the seats way too pale so I'll probably be repainting them (and the rest of the interior) tan.

·
Forza
632 Posts
I'm a purist but I just have a thing for originality. Each to his own :) Doesn't matter if anyone else likes it or not, as long as it makes you happy, just go for it!

Reactions: StratosWRC

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the first post you'll notice the 1:1 Testarossas have body coloured front lip and side skirts. I've always preferred this, as the blacked out look is very old fashioned, shabby and tired.

So having done this before with the Autoart R34 and R33 Skylines, I forged bravely ahead with a bottle of NPR.

The paint is quite resilient and took quite a bit of elbow grease. But the result was well worth the effort IMO. The look is very clean and modern now.

And a mockup with the wheels.

·
Registered
402 Posts
In the first post you'll notice the 1:1 Testarossas have body coloured front lip and side skirts.
All these years and I didn't even notice it. But now that I have I'm in full agreement that it looks so much better in body colour. It gives the car a 'fuller' or more complete look rather than the previous 'tucked in one. Nice job so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts