DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest arrival is this rather charming little piece by Kyosho. Since I don't own the Autoart Miura I can't really give an accurate comparison on the two models, I can only say what I've seen in pics. From the look of it Kyosho have the more detailed model but Autoart have a better/ stronger build quality. I figured since it's an Italian sports car it's not supposed to have a good build quality as long as it looks good :giggle

It is an extremely decent attempt from Kyosho, they've got the curves and lines of the 1:1 exactly right and the model is a true representation on the real thing! The paint quality is a good, smooth job with only a couple of minor imperfections (Mine is chipped ever so slightly where the engine bay opened).

The interior is beautiful and I'm glad they opted for a real metal steering wheel rather than just painted plastic, it really adds to the detail. I think the seat belts are a little big, but then again in this car that might not be such a bad thing considering the speeds it would tempt you into :yes

Then engine bay is an absolute work of art, all glimmering and well done, again a faithful depiction of the 1:1. The same goes for the front compartment which houses the spare tire and some fans. For extra added fun, there's even an opening compartment hidden under one of the air vents on the bonnet which reveals what I believe to be the fuel cap. Then again I know very little about these sort of things so it could be where the salt goes :lol

The undercarriage is nothing to sing and dance about, but that's to be expected. Besides, I don't think I'll be tipping this model upside down any time soon anyway.

All in all, it's a very good model and if you're considering buying one don't put it off as long as I did!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Very nice! Great lambo you have there. I wonder how many owners of this model don't know about the 'flipable' air vent? :giggle I'm sure if I had the model, I never would have stumbled across it. :lol

Sean

·
Loves Cars
374 Posts
Congrats on the addition! I have the burnt orange as well... for me, it was a toss-up between this and the green. I prefer the period colors for these older models. I mean, how many cars can get away with burnt orange or lime green?

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations on the great addition! I had been hoping to get a green Kyosho, but then an orange AUTOart came along at a very good price so I pulled the trigger on it. Like you said, not a whole lot to choose between the two brands, either one is a good choice.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The Miura is one of only a few cars that I will try to collect EVERY color that comes out. I have one of each color, except for the gold (not a good color in my humble opinion). I'm just waiting for someone to release a blue Miura. That is my favorite color on that car. :happy

G

·
Gorgeous model! :eek:mg

I've been longing to get a 1/18th scale Miura for my collection, and after seeing these photos I'm pretty sure that I'll get one of these gorgeous Miuras by Kyosho very soon! I already have a Countach by Kyosho and I love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.