DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota - Viola - Autoart

A model refined in the body: lights, paint, emblems, sharp lines - all this is very good. Nice fitting, sometimes you have to press down the hidden lights a bit, but overall is good. From the outside, it is difficult to expect anything more from the average Autoart, maybe the paint on the wheels could be more metallic (polished).
I also feels the interior positively - although this is all the plastic and it seen, it is really well painted, precise castings, descriptions on buttons, seat belts - you can see that some work has been put in to make it look nice.
The engine is plastic all over the place, there are not to much details and additionally covered with an internal flap. A bit of disappointing here, also the chassis, a simple plastic cast. SUMMARY: It is rather typical contemporary AA plastic release - its strengths are the body and here they did their best. The rest is more plastic, although the interior is well done. The strong point of the model is the assembly - clean, tidy, everything works nicely, opens well, without fear of breaking something. Stands evenly on the wheels, soft tires, the wheels turn at a large angle. If someone cares about Diablo, this is a must have, the model will not disappoint, but the price is high, compared to quality.

Registered
The model is nice, but your photos make it look so much better! Crisp shots and great bokeh effect on the background! 馃摳(y)

I'm kind of disappointed to see the detail (or lack thereof) on the door cards, compared to the Ballon White version. The rest of the interior is very nice, as you said. The engine is actually quite alright, even with the induction system covering half of it. I'm only a bit worried about those headlights, it doesn't look they're built to stand the test of time, but I hope I'm wrong.

I love the Diablo but I'm still on the fence as to whether to get one or wait to see some more reviews, even though I run the risk of missing out on it.

Registered
Excellent outdoor pictures. They present the model very well. Looks like a typical AUTOart model, could have a bit more details but it seems well built and finished. I really like this Diablo and I am looking forward to the SE30 non-jota.

Registered
Great pictures! Looks like a fantastic model and it's really tempting me. I just can't justify the price tag...
True. I checked the price tag and indeed the price is hard to swallow. Sadly this is how it is now in 2022.. i doubt we will ever see big discounts on these beauties they sure will sell out fast.

Registered
Gorgeous model and amazing job with your picture taking, I have this one in white and cant wait to get the SE Diablo regular version when its released in the Viola color like yours its an amazing color

Registered
True. I checked the price tag and indeed the price is hard to swallow. Sadly this is how it is now in 2022.. i doubt we will ever see big discounts on these beauties they sure will sell out fast.
...and I think you've seen my slightly touched-up Maisto SE30 Jota. It cleans up fairly well for a budget model. Putting it in front of these pictures, the Autoart is obviously better but it's not a dramatic difference (when everything is closed).

Or maybe it's because I already have 3 Welly Diablo SVs...I love Diablos but it's hard justifying getting another one at ~$300+

Registered
...and I think you've seen my slightly touched-up Maisto SE30 Jota. It cleans up fairly well for a budget model. Putting it in front of these pictures, the Autoart is obviously better but it's not a dramatic difference (when everything is closed).

Or maybe it's because I already have 3 Welly Diablo SVs...I love Diablos but it's hard justifying getting another one at ~$300+
Oh yes i love your custom work on the Maisto SE30. You are right about when everything is closed it does look the part as the overall proportion on the Maisto is quite okay IMO, ignoring some of the smaller discrepancies. I kinda regret for selling my rare green Jota couple years ago and passed up the chance on the cheap lavender purple SE30. Even these lowly Maisto Diablos are slowly creeping up in prices and i am not willing to fork out $50 for one LOL.

Administrator
A nice looking model & great pictures! Great stuff!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks!!!
New Diablo is just average model, but way too expensive. It is looks good, but nothing fancy, and nothing exceptional in details. I also have Bugatti Eb110 SS, also in plastic, and has more details, it feels much sturdy in hand, and price is much lower.
So it is choice buy and cry... but after some time we forget how was a cost...

Registered
I have been waiting for the standard SE30 viola for the last two decades. I have the Bburago in a similar color and from a time I knew nothing better but when I got it I was the happiest collector on earth. Now will relive the moment when the Aa comes home but the price!馃檲

Administrator
nice photos, they captures the color very well. it varies a lot on all the photos i have seen. cant wait for the regular SE30 in purple to get released.

i managed to snag one with a nice discount, so you never know what kind of deal pops up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts