DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a really nice addition to my collection. The Diablo VT is my 2nd favorite car next to the Ferrari Testarossa/512TR. Just last month, I got a Testarossa, and now it was time for a Diablo VT. Just like the 512TR, the Diablo VT was in Need For Speed 1 (the original one), albeit it was a coupe version. This model however has 2 important things that makes it a good addition though:

- I've got a Murcielago and Murcielago Roadster. I also have a Diablo SE (30th Anniversary Special in purple), so now I'll have a Diablo Roadster to pair up the Diablo Coupe with.

- the Diablo VT was in Need For Speed 1 just like the 512TR. It was a coupe version, but this roadster which also has a hardtop is close enough, just like the '84 Testarossa by Bburago is close enough to the 512TR, and I've really wanted this car for a long time. Plus the one in NFS was in black. This one is black as well.

Anyway, it's a great model. It's an older Autoart, and I think it's really hard to find nowadays. I was lucky enough to find a new in box one at a regular gift shop at a ski resort near my town. It also had 10% discount on it, and it ended up being about $60 US in total including sale tax, so I thought it was a good deal, since AUTOart models are usually from $80 to $110 US around here. The targo top is really cool, can switch from roadster to "coupe".

Group photo:
- with Testarossa and Viper RT/10, all 3 cars are from NFS 1
- with the Diablo club

G

·
:coolpics Cool model.I never knew the top was detachable so thanks for that heads up there. I would love to trade you for it. :cheers

·
Registered
242 Posts
That's quite the catch, congrats!

Hmmmm......a ski resort eh? Could this be the one on display in the front window of a japanese-owned store in banff? :giggle
If so, I was actually contemplating on whether to purchase it or not a few weeks ago.
I'm glad it landed into the hands of a fellow collector that really enjoys the car for what it is and not just for its "value." :cheers

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yes it would be that exact one. The store also had a CL500 Lorinser, but I wasn't interested in that.

Do you happen to also know the other store that was around, Kabin Fever? When I was there just before New Year's Eve (so 2 months ago), their shop was full of Autoart models (and they had some really nice ones, like Impreza WRC with Burns, and one with Makkinen, and the Toyota GT-One with Ukyo Katayama :hot ). Was that shop still around 2 weeks ago when you went to banff?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Picking up a nice diecast during a ski trip... man, talk about a DREAM VACATION!

Congrats on your find! The black Diablo roadster was one of my grail last year, and I finally scored one which ended up around $75. I think you did great!

:cheers

PS. NFS1 was a great game!

·
Registered
242 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Yea, I saw the Lorinser as well, but like you I wasn't interested in it.

If you are referring to model store that was located on the McDonald's side of the street, it was closed down when I was there a few weeks ago. But ur right, it did have some pretty sweet models, man should have snagged a few when it was still around!

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Congratulations - the ivory interior looks great against the black car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.