DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After successfully painting the rims of my R8 black, I decided to try it out with the LP560-4. I'm not really a fan of the rims, the finish is really nice but I don't like the design. Painting them black hides it and suits the white body perfectly! I used a brush to apply the paint, didn't know how to take off the wheels. Both of the wing mirrors broke off while I had it in the car, didn't really do a good job of fixing them back on lol!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I have that car. One of the things that sold me on the AUTOart version was the excellent job they did with the Cordelia wheels. I really like the Cordelia wheels a lot, but obviously, not everyone shares my opinion! So I think your idea was a good solution. I'm not usually a fan of black wheels, but they suit this white Lamborghini well!

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
very nice shoot carbon as well the model, still have 2 add 1 of these dont know what version yet ,

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
To be honest I don't like the Cordelia wheels either, they look too aftermarket on the Gallardo, but I can see why other people do like it, so I have no problem with them.
As a matter of fact Norev just released a white version of their LP560-4 (first shade was grey) with black wheels ... the original five spokes this time :

·
Administrator
34,167 Posts
Much better now, I too am not a fan of the cross spoke wheels, I really hate them in silver.

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
I actually really like the Cordelia wheels...but they do look great in black against the bright white.

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
Big improvements, those wheels are a big reason I have not bought them yet. Atleast painting them black hides those wheels a bit

·
Registered
831 Posts
I personally prefer the cordelia wheels to the regular ones... in fact I don't like the regular ones much at all but the white gallardo/black wheels combo looks great!

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Now you see 'em, now you don't!!
Carbonsigma you have a magic wand!!

Reactions: carbonsigma

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
The finish and overall accuracy of the Cordelia wheels on the AUTOart model are superior to that of the Norev in my opinion. As for the models overall, I think there are pros and cons to each release, although the cost advantage of the Norev makes it a compelling purchase, as does the availability of the LP560-4 Spyder. And, for those that shy away from modifying diecasts, Norev has released a yellow Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder with black Cordelia rims in addition to the white coupe with black Apollo rims, so now there's plenty of variety among LP560-4 releases so far.

I think the black Cordelia rims on the yellow LP560-4 Spyder also do a better job of hiding the relatively heavy-handed look of the spokes compared to the AUTOart Cordelia wheels. And I believe all rims on the LP560-4 are available in multiple finishes, including black, so these Norev models are accurately optioned out as well.

I've thought this through because I thought about buying the Norev coupe and spyder even though I have the AUTOart. Like I said, each model has its pros and cons, but I figure I'll get at least one Norev because I really like the Spyder, and Norev is the only manufacturer that has plans to make one in 1/18 as far as I know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts