DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my visit to the Essen Motor Show I found the new release for the Lamborghini Gallardo Polizia by AutoArt in 1/18 for a decent price (they said it was on sale ... but I found it even lower priced online ... add shipping and it adds up to the same however), safe to say I couldn't resist adding it to the collection:

Yes, that traffic camera actually has a led in it and 'fires' ... borrowed it from my son ...

Another 'prop' borrowed from my kid, that traffic light actually works, and goes from red over orange to green on his own ... cool !

'Central ... we're starting pursuit of an Aventador speeding on Highway six ... we might need helicopter backup ...'

I know, I know ... still playing with small cars and puppets ...

Looking for more shots ? I've put together a collection of 24 photos on this car and a comparison to the 'old' version in my review

·
Administrator
34,167 Posts
I keep eyeing this one up, but never go through with it
I'll read the comparison, seems odd that they did two releases though.

G

·
Awesome model. I love it......and......I don't have it.
I have been eying this model for quite some time, but still have not pulled the trigger.
It is really sad the real thing got totaled.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It is really sad the real thing got totaled.
What even worse ... this was the second one the Polizia had, license plate E8379 instead of E8300, also note the more recent wheels on this crashed car ... the first one is still in working order by the way, it was replaced by the LP560-4 Polizia version for active duty ... the car AutoArt 'reduced' to 1/18 is back at the factory, most of the time on display in the museum in Sant'Agata ... I have no information the Italian State Police actually replaced the crashed car, as far as I know they now only have one LP560-4 running.

·
Administrator
34,167 Posts
I can't believe that one got totalled!

I much prefer the model with the old wheels. Might have to find that one.

What's the model code for the new release one with the old (teledial) wheels ?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hello,

should be this one ... shipping to the UK from Germany shouldn't be too expensive I guess ... I bought it from them at the Essen Motor Show, were I paid 99,95 Euro for it, now they list it online for only 89,95 Euro, but I think they will add 11 Euro shipping ... so as I said it adds up to about the same. Never had a bad experience with CK-Modelcars yet, so I can advice you to order it from them.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Super pics and model Lambo!

Love the little police figures - are they stock or did you customise them??

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Super pics and model Lambo!

Love the little police figures - are they stock or did you customise them??
Thanks.
The two white figures are actually male nurses that came with a toy ambulance my son plays with (he's 8 years old and really into cars like me), out of the box, no customizing of any kind ... the traffic light and the speed camera came with another toy, a police car he's playing with now.
If you browse through the shelves at a toy store you can pick up stuff like this for next to nothing ... subsequently my kid is happy with the new toy, and I'm happy with the new props ... a win-win situation ... although my wife finds it hilarious naturally

·
Administrator
34,167 Posts

Hello,

should be this one ... shipping to the UK from Germany shouldn't be too expensive I guess ... I bought it from them at the Essen Motor Show, were I paid 99,95 Euro for it, now they list it online for only 89,95 Euro, but I think they will add 11 Euro shipping ... so as I said it adds up to about the same. Never had a bad experience with CK-Modelcars yet, so I can advice you to order it from them.
[/quote]
Thanks, yep I usually get from CK too, but on ebay (I usually win the models on auction)

I'll look into this as I want it - the wheels are loads better than the twin blade type ones I've seen on some of them.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, yep I usually get from CK too, but on ebay (I usually win the models on auction)
I checked a few of the 'buy now' listings for CK, and most of the time these are about €5 more expensive compared to their website, probably to cover the ebay/paypal costs ... however on auctions from CK you can get a really good price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts