DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been after the Miura for a while now, and initially I was after the AUTOart version but I opted for this because its better matched to the Kyosho Jota I already have.

This Miura is a nice enough model but it is NOT as well made nor as detailed as the Jota.
The most disappointing aspect of it is the exhaust tailpipes. I kid you not, the 'chrome' exhaust tips are not connected to the rest of the exhaust! :confused Its even too embarrassing to take a pic of. I'm sure even the Anson version hasn't got a mistake such as this.
Another gripe is that the rear engine cover feels slightly loose in comparison to my Jota's, although this may be a problem with my particular example.

The pics: (60-80K)

Front
Rear
Interior
Engine

:cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
congrats Jim! :cheers

This car looks great in red. A lot of other more "garish" colours are coming out for it too (nasty green comes to mind :giggle)

BTW, my AUTOart Miura also don't have the exhaust tips actually connected to the exhaust... Maybe the 1:1 had this? I can't believe both AUTOart and Kyo getting it wrong?

edit: note the AUTOart doesn't have the "antenna" on the roof. Which one is correct?

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Jim, I also didn't like the Miura's exhaust pipes at first, but they're supposed to be that way, so that the engine cover basculates.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Congrats Jim!
the Miura is one of my all time favorirites.
it looks better than the Jota too, even though the Jota got more details.
i hope to see a green one soon on my shelf :cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone.

As far as colour goes each each to their own. I'm not too sure about the gold bit on my car. You've just got to remember that the time period these cars are from wasn't known for its tasteful fashions, so some colour schemes are "interesting" to say the least. :wink

Gary - I haven't got a clue about the antenna, sorry.

The exhaust tips have really confused me. I appreciate your feedback gents.

:cheers

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I was shocked when I saw the pipes, so did some research and they're that way on the 1:1 too. It was the same thing when I got my Diablo GTR out of the box and saw only one reverse light.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Jim for a sneak preview. I should have my silver one tomorrow along with the Kwan Porsche. I want one in green also. Can't have too many Miura's in my collection. It's one of the very few models that I still allow myself to endulge in more than one color of. Anyone here getting the silver one besides me? I'm beginning to think I'm the only one. :shipwrecked

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
just saw pics of the silver on ebay. It looks GREAT! And it's a LE too.

Maybe i'll pick one up when the local stores get it (IF they get it, it's only 1000 pieces). All depends on the price tho.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Most excellent addition Jim :cheers

The red and gold just scream the 1970's :giggle

1 - 20 of 45 Posts