DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I know this isn't the best looking model out there, and AutoArt is getting ready to release the Murcielago LP640 too (probably early 2012) ... but when I discovered this model at a small stand in Houten, the Netherlands during AutoItalia on sale for only 15 Euro I simply couldn't resist ... me being a fan of the Need for Speed games (played all of them, right up to the new The Run) had nothing to do with it ... honestly

This model does have some small details Maisto should have paid more attention to ... more pictures and a little review on these issues can be found here

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't remember this car in Undercover
but then again I only remember Maggie Q
I can understand that
she is nice ... I do mean the car here ok

If I got it straight there is an unlock code in the box that would 'release' this car in the NFS Undercover game ... did find the code, but on the box is says the code works on PlayStation3, Xbox360 and PC ... and I've got the NFS Undercover on PlayStation2 only, so perhaps it's useless ... but still like this model.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How is NFS The Run?
It's actually quite good, I red a review that wasn't too positive on it, but actually playing it is fun, not too hard, nice drifting and driving experience ... if you put some time in it I think you might complete it a day or so, that could be a down as it is still quite expensive over here ... but the races are real nice.
There is some running and other stuff to create a story around it which isn't necessary for me, but it doesn't distract too much.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I don't remember this car in Undercover
but then again I only remember Maggie Q
I can understand that
she is nice ... I do mean the car here ok

[/quote]

How is NFS The Run?
[/quote]

It's an "okay" game. The last NFS is way better: NFS Hot Pursuit. The cut-scenes are terrible - there's lots of horizontal lines running down the screen during the cut-scenes - like some budget game (I can't believe Electronic Arts would let something like this to be released). The environments however, have tons of details and eye-candy. Only downside is the colors and textures of the environment looks "muddy". The car selection menu/section is also pretty bad - it is just a static picture of the car (and it looks cartoonish). You do have the option to roate the car and stuff, but there's horizontal lines running across the screen and the cars have very little polygon count.

The game makes up for itself in that during gameplay, there is no horizontal lines like the cutscenes and the frame rate is really fast. And you never have to race the same track twice (as the game entails racing from San Francisco to New York). The environment looks gorgeous (despite looking a little muddy) and the gameplay is really fun as there is lots of action during every race and every track is an experience in itself (racing through waterfalls, canyons, avalanches, underground tunnels, etc.). Although the game lacks a lot of polish in the graphics department, the game makes up for it by offering fun gameplay. If you could get the game for under $40 USD, I'd get it. Otherwise, the game isn't worth more than that.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Yes, it is a budget model, but collecting isn't fun without a little bit of variety once in a while. All of my budget models are kept and displayed in its boxes whereas all of my higher end models (Kyosho, Autoart, etc) are displayed outside of their boxes. Maybe it is just me, but I find that budget models displayed in its original box is really cool and fun - when I walk into my room, I feel like I'm walking into a toy store and it brings me back to my childhood.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Yes, it is a budget model, but collecting isn't fun without a little bit of variety once in a while. All of my budget models are kept and displayed in its boxes whereas all of my higher end models (Kyosho, Autoart, etc) are displayed outside of their boxes. Maybe it is just me, but I find that budget models displayed in its original box is really cool and fun - when I walk into my room, I feel like I'm walking into a toy store and it brings me back to my childhood.
I still remember clearly the days when I walked into a toy store all excited. Looking at my collection brings back those memories.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same here, I have some budget models on display, but like you I keep most of them in their box, some of the older ones are stored away in fact so sunlight isn't touching them and ruins the paint while turning the plastic yellow, while the AutoArt, Kyosho, MR and the likes are in display cabinets all over the house ... none in direct sunlight however, just to be safe ... looking at these cars does make you feel like a kid again ... vroom, vroom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts