DiecastXchange Forum banner

Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Super Veloce

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  lazard 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I know this one has passed here before, but I only bought it last week. Wasn't going to get it, but after seeing prices going through the roof I went for it anyway, found one locally in a store for the normal price and didn't hesitate a second ... and they stories are true, this is one amazing looking diecast, AutoArt did a great job on it.

I think I'm going to get some more shades on this model from AutoArt ... lol

More pictures and a review can be found on LamboDIECAST naturally

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't think I could get too much of this car Lambo - super pics, especially the final brace of SVs 'ancient and modern'!

#4 ·
The pictures are fantastic! I am holding out for the turquoise as well..

Man, I just don't get AAs strategy... This looks like a fantastic model and it's part of their "Performance" series, yet you get lower detail models (like the Cadillac 62) as part of the higher up Millennium series.

#6 ·
I like the last shot, but you need to add the Miura SV. I am not sure if any other black SV models are out there.

#7 ·
Thanks for the great comments ... it sure isn't easy photographing a black car ... takes ages to get rid of all the dust particles you missed during the shoot ... I think I've spent about 30 minutes to one hour per shot for these ... I have 24 shots online on my review (I've got to write it today) so you can imagine the time I've been behind my computer.

I was thinking the same thing, and I happen to have the black Miura SV from Kyosho ... next week I'll probably add it too.

G
#9 ·
Thanks ... I have the yellow and the turquoise in pre-order ever since I could put in the order, I wanted to skip this black one, but decided to get it after all ... prices are creeping up, I've seen them listed for as much as €160 + shipping !

I have heard AutoArt has produced one run of this mat black version ... and will not produce it again until after all the other shades have been finished and distributed, I even got one remark they won't be doing the mat black again ... all those rumors made me get it after all ... in fact I'm seriously considering getting all the shades from AutoArt on the Super Veloce, but than again, I don't have the money for that to be honest.
Hey Mark, thanks for the info, now I'm rethinking my plans... I'd love to get all the colours too but space is limited and I don't want these models sitting in the closet. Decisions decisions, should I buy the Matt... lol

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
@Zuugnap : thanks, I'm actually really liking your type of photography, the problem is that I want to depict the model as is, so I don't want to 'clone' out too much stuff to make it look like a real car ... but I really admire how you manage to photograph these models and post process them to look just like the real deal, amazing.

@Kraftig : as far as I know the mat black won't be available again for some time to come, so if you can locate one for a normal price today, go for it, when the other shades come out you can always sell it again ... with a profit. I always tell myself this, but never have the heart to sell them afterward anyway ... I'm weak, I know ... lol

@giamino : I don't think AutoArt is officially calling this a limited edition, but all the facts point in that direction. They produce a run on one color at a time, this mat black was the first shade out there, so it will become the first one that is hard to locate in stock in a while ... my normal shop in Germany now has it listed as 'not available at this time', I asked why and he replied he can't even order extra copies from AutoArt right now ... hence I start to believe the rumors we won't be seeing a new production run on this black one any time soon.

@mobius : I prefer the small SV logo too, and I always try to get the press release / show car color combination, and in the case of the Super Veloce this is a yellow one with the small logo ... so I've put in a pre-order on this yellow from day one, and I just love that turquoise, so I ordered that one too already ...next up is the China Edition for me ... but the white and orange one are very tempting too if I'm honest ... I don't like the red one actually, so that's one shade I will not be adding anyway.

#14 ·
@mobius : I prefer the small SV logo too, and I always try to get the press release / show car color combination, and in the case of the Super Veloce this is a yellow one with the small logo ... so I've put in a pre-order on this yellow from day one, and I just love that turquoise, so I ordered that one too already ...next up is the China Edition for me ... but the white and orange one are very tempting too if I'm honest ... I don't like the red one actually, so that's one shade I will not be adding anyway.
I think you made a very wise choice nontheless on the black version with the large "SV" decal even if you prefer the smaller decal more. Because putting it next to the Diablo SV (with the large "SV" decal) makes for a very good pair. At the end of the day, I'm confident the version with the large decal will be more preferred by collectors in the near future.

G
#13 ·
@Kraftig : as far as I know the mat black won't be available again for some time to come, so if you can locate one for a normal price today, go for it, when the other shades come out you can always sell it again ... with a profit. I always tell myself this, but never have the heart to sell them afterward anyway ... I'm weak, I know ... lol
I think I can source one for ~ $100, I might make the investment, but this goes against my die cast principles .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.