DiecastXchange Forum banner
821 - 835 of 835 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #822 ·
Yes, I noticed too that the wheels on the silver are too gold in comparison with the “white gold” in real life. I considered that discrepancy as a good reason to go for the yellow, but in the end liked the silver too much to pass, especially since I passed on silver with the 918.

Yellow is tempting though!
I bought silver 918 at release, but then the silver wasn't that shiny, not like my other silver cars, so it returned it. Still hoping someday new colors will come of 918 like they did with P1 for instance, since 918 is also iconic

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #825 ·
Just some pics

Finally after years of hoping AUTOart decided to make the high wanted Lamborghini Diablo SE30, together with the Jota again some iconic roadcars from Diablo range are done. Now let's hope they will do the other most wanted Diablo as well in future, the GT.
For now it's VT, VT Roadster, SE30, SE Jota, SV, VT 6.0

5 different shades of green by Lamborghini
Verde Ithaca / Verde Alceo / Verde Artemis / Verde Miura / Verde Mantis

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #827 ·
I'd love to see a comparison of the older AA Diablo VT vs. the newer plastic version.
The newer are better, but that's what to expect when comparing things with 20 years difference.
For instance everything is sharper, doors stay open, intakes behind the sidewindows are open and other small things, like the opening in the wing, which is open at the new ones but closed on the metal one ( although this part on metal is plastic )

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I'd love to see a comparison of the older AA Diablo VT vs. the newer plastic version.
The newer are better, but that's what to expect when comparing things with 20 years difference.
For instance everything is sharper, doors stay open, intakes behind the sidewindows are open and other small things, like the opening in the wing, which is open at the new ones but closed on the metal one ( although this part on metal is plastic )
First of all i would like to say that you have an amazing collection of lamborghinis @lambo! Excellent dedication! Many congrats! 👏 👏 👏
Secondly, i agree with @lambo. In many cases older versions lack in detail in comparisson with newer. But there are of course cases that older AA signature versions are state of the art (Pagazi Zonda R, Alfa Stradale Prototype, McLaren F1)
In the case of DiabloVT and SE30Jota, i have a recent photoshooting that someome could see those two models side by side.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Fantastic photos and it’s great to be able to compare old with new.
I’d agree that the newer model looks “sharper” and has better details, but the new ones shape is off. Look at the nose, especially in profile!!

First of all i would like to say that you have an amazing collection of lamborghinis @lambo! Excellent dedication! Many congrats! 👏 👏 👏
Secondly, i agree with @lambo. In many cases older versions lack in detail in comparisson with newer. But there are of course cases that older AA signature versions are state of the art (Pagazi Zonda R, Alfa Stradale Prototype, McLaren F1)
In the case of DiabloVT and SE30Jota, i have a recent photoshooting that someome could see those two models side by side.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #831 ·
If you get the Giallo Spyder SE30, you could add it to your Lambo shades of green pic…

Though referred to as yellow, I’d imagine it’s closer to the others than the Artemis…
Indeed, my first impression of this yellow was that it should be named green, however, in real the color is more like mustard, only nice in bright light, but not that nice in cabinet, so went for blue which looks great always

·
Administrator
7,105 Posts
Just some pics

Finally after years of hoping AUTOart decided to make the high wanted Lamborghini Diablo SE30, together with the Jota again some iconic roadcars from Diablo range are done. Now let's hope they will do the other most wanted Diablo as well in future, the GT.
For now it's VT, VT Roadster, SE30, SE Jota, SV, VT 6.0

i remember wanting the SE30 since 2009. it is nice that it is finally here. very pricy though...
did you get your purple SE30 in Europe? i havent seen them here yet.

·
Administrator
35,215 Posts
Great stuff!! I don't think I've seen a Pink Aventador on here before! I have one but it just has the normal wheels on it. I love the roadster wheels!!

821 - 835 of 835 Posts