DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
This model is from Kyosho's 'Gorgeous Collection' and they are absolutely right about it. Its drop dead gorgeous. I had seen this model at my diecast store last weekend and I was in two minds about it since I actually really wanted the #1 Monte Carlo edition. So I dashed a PM to our resident Dr. Lu who has reviewed the car on his site. Dr. Lu graciously prescribed me with some delicious pics of his car and then and there I made up my mind to collect it today. I also took a second opinion from Dr. Ronan through his site. A model that I will cherish forever. Thanks Lu & Ronan. :cheers

This is a splendid model by Kyosho. Its looks small compared to the modern day rally cars. Kyosho has captured the details well. It has a wired engine and gorgous photoetched meshes where required. The light lenses are beautifully replicated. The paint is uniform with tampo printing all over. Only the names of the drivers are made of decals which shouldnt be much of an issue since they are well applied and look like they have been clear coated. The stance is perfect

There are a few minor issues with the model (its a very old mould, atleast 7 years or so) which dont actually take away from its merits. The wheels look plasticky, the seatbelts are tacky, the engine cover pops up when you sneeze a few feet away from the car, one of the pop up headlights refuses to stay up (just like Lu's car) and the lens on the other pop-up fell off its casing and into the well of the pop-up. I had to loosen the screw holding the inside of the hood to remove the lens. Now its stuck with glue. You cannot pull up the engine cover too much because the rear guard fouls up with the one of the asymetrical exhaust pipes.

I would recommend this car if you can find it. It looks totally different from the usual rally models and will really stand out amomg your other models. You can never go wrong when there are two doctors who actually recommend it. Its good for your health. :wink

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Congrats Winston! :cheers

The kyosho STratos are amazing models! I hope to get one in the future, but I'm looking for the one with working lights :help :giggle

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gary. I hope to have the same one with the working lights as long as it is reasonably priced.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
no prob :D

Actually I think they just recently re-released this model, as my local dealer was able to get a few of them :confused

But he wasn't able to get the working lights, and the only places I've seen the working lights versions get sold out SUPER fast (e.g. Replicarz) at around 70USD :scared

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
India, you're quick! :scared
It seemed as yesterday that we were trading PMs on this. But I'm happy you liked it. :happy
it's a very nice model, and Kyosho is to be commended. Now that you have the Stratos, you have to get (in this order) the 037 and then the Delta Integrale. You won't be disapointed!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
:lol Brazil. There is a Totip 037 lying at the store. Didnt know any history about it. I am really looking forward to the Martini Integrale when it reaches here.
This is a recently re-released model Gary. Scale18 retails this one for 50USD. I got mine for 72USD. So the model with working lights will be :nutkick my wallet.

Edit: Thats the sequence Lancia raced them in rallies Gary. The 037 if I am not mistaken is only a 2WD.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Gary, first of all, that is the order that Lancia released them, the 037 being the last 2WD of them, and the 1st of the famous "Group B" cars. And like Lancia, Kyosho also evolved with their models, so it's very interesting to see the cars getting better by the years.

G

·
Congratulations Winston! :happy

Those are some great pictures, my friend! :coolpics

The Kyo Stratos are great models and I'm so glad they're still available.

Here's mine:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Gian & Gary. The more I see this car, the more I love it. But I want the tarmac version so desperately. My cousin has a battery operated Stratos and I am seeing it since the time I was 4 years old. Ofcourse he never let me touch it, but getting the 1:18 of the same would be sweet payback. Gian & Gary, I am wondering if you guys have any car that I dont need.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The engine is well made Alp. I have not been able to take a proper pic of it. Ronan and Lu have been able to take very good pics of it though. Here is a link to Ronan's review of the car. Lancia Stratos

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Mikee. It indeed is much better than I expected it to be. I am glad I got it.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Wow!
Great minds do think alike :giggle

This was probably in the first 10 or 15 1:18's I ever bought.
I love this car and would never part with it.
The extra bars in the front and back really make this a special model.

Congrats Buddy, you got a nice one :cheers

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Very nice model!!
Congrats :nicejob :nicejob

It makes me remember the Porsche 911 that runs the London-Sidney Marathon at 1968. This car won the 4° place at this raly!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts