DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This beast was a unicorn for me: the model I wanted so badly, but every time I tried to procure it, something went wrong. The first time I saw it I pre-ordered it (safe move because I've been using the same store for a long time and they don't take a down-payment). Anyway, not long after I tagged it, it disappeared from the site; I reached out to the store I'd ordered from and they said they'd been asking Almost Real about this one for months and doubted they'd come through with it. Then, a year later, it showed up again! So I ordered it right away and it arrived with a missing rear wheel. I exchanged it, and the next one arrived with TWO missing wheels.

Thankfully, third time was the charm! I got my Camel Trophy and we're ready to trek through Borneo!!

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Product
Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car
Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car seat cover Steering wheel Steering part Vehicle door
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Grille Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
13,851 Posts
These are great. The Almost Real Land Rovers might be the best models being made today.

Congrats.

Reactions: Scottimus

·
Registered
371 Posts
Great details on that! Incredible that with such an expensive model, the quality control was so bad with the missing wheels on two separate occasions! How frustrating -- you must have been ready to pull your hair out! Glad you finally got one intact; a shame you had to go through all that!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great details on that! Incredible that with such an expensive model, the quality control was so bad with the missing wheels on two separate occasions! How frustrating -- you must have been ready to pull your hair out! Glad you finally got one intact; a shame you had to go through all that!
I had it down to shipping - I told them they may want to check the rest of their shipment because I suspected a case may have been dropped on a truck somewhere. Even with such a well-built model, wheels are still fragile. I was not so much frustrated as relieved when the last one arrived intact. I was afraid it would run out of stock again before I could finally get one.
Real cool piece. I wanted one when these came out, and I don't even collect anything remotely in this genre.
Hehe, yeah, I couldn't resist all the toys :)

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
This is a holy grail model for me and I want this so much but the prices here are bonkers. So I did the next best thing and got the 1/64 MiniGT.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have their New Defender 110 and it’s a fantastic model and the detail on this looks amazing too
[/QUOTE
Yeah, I bought the new Defender too as a sort of consolation prize after I missed out on the Camel Trophy the first time. I sold the newer one later just because I didn't like it as much (not the model, but the truck itself) and I didn't really want two of them. But it truly was a fantastic model! I especially loved the magnetic roof rack and working ladder.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah, I bought the new Defender too as a sort of consolation prize after I missed out on the Camel Trophy the first time. I sold the newer one later just because I didn't like it as much (not the model, but the truck itself) and I didn't really want two of them. But it truly was a fantastic model! I especially loved the magnetic roof rack and working ladder.
That’s not a bad consolation prize. The magnetic bits are awesome.

I wasn’t bothered with them when they came out and then got a real one and struggled to find a matching one but somehow managed to do so at MSRP…. its amazing the detail in the model when comparing the two.

https://flic.kr/p/2nyefhL
https://flic.kr/p/2mX8qMp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts