DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
The exterior is well done. Paint is not great, but good. The white lines aren't drawn with attention. Instead inscriptions "TD5", "Land Rover" and "Defender" are very well made .
Even if the headlights and taillights presents mounting rivets, they are well hidden. The headlights are covered with protective netting. Both real and model, this nets are ade from metal. Unfortunately, the wing nets are not perforated. Another disturbing fact is that side indicators are suggested by painting. The hood hinges are quite realistic presented, which allows a large opening angle of it. An interesting detail is the body that presents rivets fastening the panels that make it up. The upper part shows two flashing and a flexible antenna.

The interior is not impressive at all. No carpet or belts, you can see just plastic. However, the level of detail is good. Distinguish all the buttons on the dashboard, gear lever. The seats have drawn a model that would mimic the texture of the cover.

·
Premium Member
12,931 Posts
Great pictures! The first shot is my favorite. Well done. Cool model too. I want to add more LR models to go with my RR.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Great photos!

I have two of these and three of the 110's and a couple of the Series II models. I think they are great as they have a lot of detail, accurate suspension etc and look good. Who wants carpet in a Landrover anyway? ;-)

I'm working on converting one of mine to have working suspension at the moment. Should work quite well and add a bit more realism to it.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Great, realistic pics!
As a big fan of these Universal Hobbies Land Rover's I think you did a great job capturing the realism of the model. I have the Red Crescents camo version.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts