DiecastXchange Forum banner

Lane 68' Z28 Camaro Street Stakers Series

5K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  allanmodel 
G
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I finally got the Lane 68' Z28 Camaro Street Stalkers series today that I won on eBay. I'm going to keep this short. I expected allot better from Lane than this. You'll see by the pictures what I mean. The normal detail is there but boy there are some major flaws. The interior is well done with lots of detail. Emblems are stickers. The tires are so so and the wheels look good.

Sorry for the off color on some of the pictures. My digi camera was acting up.

My opinion

Paint 6
Exterior 6
Interior 6
Wheels 4 (no disc brakes in this year of car)
Engine 6
Competition 4
Desirability 5
Overall 35

First off, side view. The side marker lights are painted rather than clear colored inserts.

G
#8 ·
Overall a nice model. Maybe I just got a bum model. The misaligned stripes make me cringe. Oh well, nice fit on all the doors, hood and trunk. The rest of the paint is very smooth with no bumps or niggles. I'm just a little disappointed after getting the Lane 67' Camaro with it being almost perfect.

G
#9 ·
LUW said:
Zac, to me the non-aligining stripes would also be a major flaw. And dog-leg hinges :confused? We don't want no stinky dog-leg hinges. The interior and the engine are great though.
The $20.00 Motor Max Acura NSX I have has better hinges than this. The hinges on the Acura almost look real.

G
#11 ·
LUW said:
Zac, to me the non-aligining stripes would also be a major flaw. And dog-leg hinges :confused? We don't want no stinky dog-leg hinges. The interior and the engine are great though.
:iagree but... the stripes are more of a QC issue than anything else and Lane might be able to replace the model. They do have an excellent customer service. The dog-leg hinges are due to the fact that this is an old mold that came out before manufacturers started switching to the more realistic hinges. Overall, I think it's a very nice model but I prefer a stock version. :cheers

G
#12 ·
Rat said:
LUW said:
:iagree but... the stripes are more of a QC issue than anything else and Lane might be able to replace the model. They do have an excellent customer service. The dog-leg hinges are due to the fact that this is an old mold that came out before manufacturers started switching to the more realistic hinges. Overall, I think it's a very nice model but I prefer a stock version. :cheers
Luckly, most, if not all of the models from Lane collectibles in my collection are virtually flawless. I totally agree with Rat's comment, this yellow Camaro here might be a defected item that somehow slip through the eyes of QC people.

As for dog legged hinges, well, Lane's Camaro mold is several of years old. Back then, no one including Autoart utilizes the more modern hinges as we are so used to today. Heck, even UT's Caprice back then has not only dog legged hinge, it has sealed rear doors and trunk! Further more, Autoart still utilize dog legged hinges for some of their models today. You can find those dog legged hinges on Grand Turismo Skyline GTR.

Lane's Camaros are decent models. They are as nice as the GT-350s. I still remember how the first Lane I received dazzled my eyes. I still love Lane's Camaros very much. My next would definitely be the Hot Rod Mag test car.

Anyway, happy collecting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.