DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the last of my 1:18 haul from my trip, first up:

a model which I already have, in black... the Toyota Crown! The white is a pearl white colour, which is amazing :D

next up is the HK police car, which is an LE of 1000. However, mine is the last one, and the hood doesn't close properly (you can see it in the pics) :pullhair

Last but not least, the Toyota Corolla! This model is EXCEPTIONAL in every way. I hope to do a review of this later, after the LC.

G

·
The UH Landrover is the nicest Gary . Very cool .

Im not a big fan of those JDMs , they all look similar to me and very Maisto like , but I know youre a fan so Congrats on adding them :cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks SG and Dennis! :D

I really love the HK cop car too! I'm gonna find a way to fix that hood hinge...

G

·
:nicejob Gary

Methinks the reason that the Land Rovers bonnet is not closing is due to the fact it has a shipping strap underneath it; or is that stating the obvious? :tease

I can't wait to read the review of the Corolla. It has folding mirrors which are my current diecast fetish. :help

Cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
thanks Jimster! :happy

Even with the strap off, the bonnet is still like this. I'm 99% sure it's the hinges' problem. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon :pullhair

Actually the folding mirrors seem to be the recent must-have detail for the FAW's, as not only the corolla, but the LC and the Tiida from my recent haul both have this...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Gary, as usual nice collection. Question for you on the Land Cruiser (since you've seen both), which color looked better to your naked eye, the green or the white? I generally don't like green unless it's a dark metallic green. i saw a pic of the green one and i thought it was lighter, but then i realized it could have just been the lighting they put on it to take the pic. if it's a dark green, that might be the way to go for me instead of the white one. Thanks again.

EricP

G

·
All 3 looks very nice Gary. :cheers
The colour of the Crown should look a lot more interesting in the metal. I am guessing it's very hard to capture the pearl effect in the photos.
The Corolla engine bay looks awesome. Does it have a separate engine block silimlar to older Kyoshos?
The LR is my favorite out of this bunch. It's just classic! This along with the CMB bus are the ones I wish I have too.

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys! :happy

Jeff: I don't think the Crown is sold anywhere in North America... the closest would have to be the Lexus LS430, I believe

Eric: white over green for me. Green hides the stripes better tho :giggle

Leslie: the white should be capturable, it's just my crappy photography. I'll try again tomorrow for better pics. It's hard to get a day of good sun here tho :pullhair And I agree about the Corolla engine, I was quite surprised when I opened it. I'll double check to see if it's a separate block, but I believe it is.
Stevie had a site listed for the CMB bus, I believe it was a UK online store though... I was around 21GBP for the bus... The LR I don't think is available anymore, MCE didn't even have one on display anymore :(

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are 2 more pics of the Crown, in sunlight, so it's slightly visible how the white looks like in the flesh... Hope it's better than my previous effort Leslie :cheers

G

·
gundam40 said:
Here are 2 more pics of the Crown, in sunlight, so it's slightly visible how the white looks like in the flesh... Hope it's better than my previous effort Leslie :cheers
Thanks Gary. I can now see a hint of the pearl effect in the 2nd photo. :joy
What are all the watches doin' in the background? :giggle

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats Gary on your new additions. The Corolla looks good too, although im wondering why the reverse tail light is redish white while the other is pure white? :confused.
those are great models tho :cheers

·
Advanced Newtype
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
thanks Erwin!

Someone noticed the light! I was curious too, but checking out the pics of the rear lights on the other colours on MCE, it seems they're ALL like that :confused Maybe the 1:1 was like this too, kinda like the Skyline?

G

·
That landrover looks stunning indeed. If you remove the plastic, the bonnet should fit I think. I hope. The other 2 models are also great :happy

ps Looks like one of your defenders headlight protectors is loose.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.