DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long time of hunting for the Courage C60 #17 from the 2003 Le Mans, I finally found one!! :yahoo :yahoo I had been searching for one made by Spark Model but I had very little luck finding one of eBay. Many of the bigger diecast stores I dealt in Canada and the US with said that model was no longer in production so they couldn't even order it for me.

Last week, I saw one on eBay but it wasn't made by Spark Model. Instead it was a handbuilt model of a Provence Moulage kit. The builder of the kit is a company named 'Chequered Flag Studios' (no idea of where they're located). I was the only bidder so I'm very happy with the price I got it for. :happy :happy

I'm really not expecting to buy any more handbuilt kits because they're aren't all that cheap.

eBay vendor's photo

A better photo of the #18 sister car off mamfa.com's website (France)

You may be able to tell I kind of like this car seeing that I got some screen grabs off GT4. :giggle

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Oh! I never knew that Sparks were resin too. The Dome in your siggy always stirs me up everytime I look at it.
Never seen a resin model till now. Do they feel as durable as the diecast ones. Would you wax them if you had to?

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
The Dome S101 is made by Ebbro. That is an actual diecast. I'm not sure if I'd wax it. I think I'd want a 'tester car' to try that out on first.

The 3 resin models made by Spark I have feel every bit as durable as the 1:43 diecasts. The paint on them is every bit as good too. As I don't have a really trained eye for 1:43 models, I'd have a lot of trouble telling resin models apart from true diecasts.

·
Registered
8,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
Thanks Mike. Yves Courage has been entering cars into the Le Mans for quite a number of years after all his years racing there. of the various livery among his team's cars, this blue/green livery has always been my favourite. Its colours are really vivid. The car should be shipped from the UK vendor today or tomorrow. I hope to get it in ~2 weeks. Pics of course will follow shortly! :wink

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Just double checked the other cars in our gallery Felix and you sure must be having a tough time making them out from resin or diecast. Doesnt matter. Gems are gems and those are some of the finest.

G

·
Congratulations on your first handbuilt model!! It looks very nice in real life so it looks the same as a model!

As for waxing resin I don't see why not. The resin is covered by the paint so you would be waxing the paint right? If you wanted to wax it however I would recomend using fine model wax or if you have to use automotive wax use Xymol.

·
Registered
10,432 Posts
Cool car Felix, I really like the colors :nicejob
Congrats :cheers

I wonder why they call them "handbuilt"?
Aren't all diecasts handbuilt :confused

1 - 20 of 65 Posts