DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lady luck was with me this week... Scored two models at very reasonable prices, the first being the AUTOart Mercedes-Benz CL55 AMG F1. A decent model from AUTOart's earlier years. This die cast does show it's age, but any Euro car fan who appreciates an AMG badge being added to the collection it was a nice addition.

Funny story about this model, it was brought to my attention from m_power (Dennis). He emailed a Canadian website filled with all sorts of older AUTOart models at incredible prices, $60 or cheaper, yes that is no typo! After scouring the site from head to toe I bought this one. I actually flagged a few more to purchase but shipping costs where $25 per model, ouch! This one worked out to $88 and change shipped, which isn't too bad considering today's asking price on die casts and considering this model a rare find. Enjoy the pics!

P.S - I'll let Dennis reveal the website for anyone who is interested.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Very nice. As I am now in Canada too, I would very appreciate to know the web site. If possible, write me PM. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
Great add...I have this one as well.

My 2nd favorite bodystyle of the big Coupes after the W126 SEC.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Great add, Davide. For the beginners in the hobby, this car is from AAs glory days - $50 pricetag and better quality/details than most other manufacturers at that time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great add, Davide. For the beginners in the hobby, this car is from AAs glory days - $50 pricetag and better quality/details than most other manufacturers at that time.
Thank you. Ha ha it truly is. Visiting that website felt liking I time travelled lol...

·
Administrator
34,189 Posts
Nice ad, I like these Mercs a lot, great value these days (unless you're Clarkson)

That websites prices are serioulsy great, I just wish they were in the UK!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts