DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This week arrives the other C project from Mercedes-Benz the C-111. The car was a concept design in the mid sixties with the C-112 concept to follow in the nineties. Overall the model shows well, lots to see and open but yet not perfect. Took me awhile to find one that wasn't gold or silver, I think the red suits the car just right. It's amazing to see how the designers in the sixties created something with such smooth and sexy lines, a total contrast to the times. Enjoy the pics!

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
I always thought this was such a cool looking car & I agree it looks so much better in red.

I saw the orange 1:1 (not sure if there's more than one) at a London MB dealer many years ago...it was stunning.

·
Administrator
34,189 Posts
I've not seen it in Red before, it looks pretty smart - their effort on this is amillion percent better than their Mlcaren F1!

I think I usually see this car in Orange or something.

·
Registered
831 Posts
It's kinda disappointing that this shape was never put into any sort of production cuz it's classic for sure. I think those flying buttresses like the Maserati Merak (or a Ferrari 599) are really under-appreciated styling elements on cars.
It looks like a solid effort from guiloy too... these old models even if not perfect are just so full of charm IMO.

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Wow, what great models [K] - I've never seen them before, and would love the 112 in that colour....congrats!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, what great models [K] - I've never seen them before, and would love the 112 in that colour....congrats!!
Thanks Eddy, I guess you missed the original on the C-112 back in August. Both models are quite accessible, a total of $103 for both.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice
Don't really like Mercedes but I would love to have these two in my collection. Especially in the beautiful chameleon paint of your C-112.

Also, a note - C-112 was shown in 1991, decades after the retro-looking C-111.
Thanks for pointing out the error, corrected :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts