DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the car on Top Gear, numerous YouTube videos and such, I thought is was time to add one of the many variants of this model to my collection (Kyosho sure has been milking this model for all its worth) the Lotus Caterham Super Seven - Cycle Fender edition. Nothing really outstanding about the model, removable bonnet with some nice detail on the Ford motor and K&N logo on the intakes, other than that pretty standard. One thing I was taken back on was the size of the model, damn it's small. I've never realized based on photos and videos the scale of this car. Don't be alarmed if you purchased one and you think there isn't something inside the clam shell that was my experience too. Enjoy the pics!

·
Administrator
33,544 Posts
Looks smart, I much prefer the cycle fender edition version. I was after the R500 version, but they don't seem to have made it .

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Thanks for the pics,
this is one i'd like to get and display it next to my AUTOart Elan......the Kyo '7' looks great, but i think 'Dinky' is the word that best describes it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They both look the part in their own way, would be happy with either model to tell you the truth.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
I've seen these Caterham's at a store and they are really, really tiny!

It looks really nice tho. What Kyosho need to produce now is the Ariel Atom.

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
Nice add, Davide. I like the cycle fenders, too. I have the same one that Lazard posted above.

A nicely done model considering how long ago they were released ('99, according to Scale18, but they have been upgraded recently.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice add, Davide. I like the cycle fenders, too. I have the same one that Lazard posted above.

A nicely done model considering how long ago they were released ('99, according to Scale18, but they have been upgraded recently.)
I don't think they upgraded much based on what I've seen. Extend a fender here, shorten a fender here...

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
NIce little 7
I was actually was looking for one of these (ideally the wiston's green-yellow) since I have only the 500R, but I find all these kyosho re-releases overpriced

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NIce little 7
I was actually was looking for one of these (ideally the wiston's green-yellow) since I have only the 500R, but I find all these kyosho re-releases overpriced
There are deals out there, I paid under $65 for mine.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Great add! I'd love to own a Caterham someday (preferably in winstoncds' Lotus livery) and I had no idea a diecast one had been made.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts