DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before I go into the mods I'll comment on the brand first. This is my first lst Model the Fiat 124. Ist Model is new to the 1:18 scene this is their first foray into 1:18 scale models, so I'll give them some slack... I appreciate the subject first and foremost but the model does have some short coming. Some of these include average paint, front window with hug gaps (you can see inside the car!), poor chrome bits (I removed most thankfully). The positive not much, but subject matter is a plus, engine detail was a surprise and the rear with spare and tool box was a nice added touch.

Ist Model's representation of the Fiat 124:

My intent with this model was not to keep it stock. Saw a post here recently on DX that inspired me so I thought I'd take a stab at one! I think the results overall are pretty good. The lack of finish work adds great character to the car. This is what I did in no particular order:

* Removed OEM wheels replaced with 13" BBS RS style wheels from Uli Nowak (if you want the OEM bits pay for postage and their yours!)
* Removed chrome front and rear bumpers
* Removed chrome driver and passenger running board trim
* Touched up the engine bay - I just painted the nuts on the air filter silver
* Touched up the interior - Painted shift knob red, painted pedals silver, and painted seat belt release button red

Enjoy the pics!

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Congrats Kraftig. This is one model I am longing to have myself. This Fiat was sold as the 118NE in India. NE stood for Nissan engine. Except for the front and rear lights, everything else including the shortcomings in this 1:18 model were regular features on the 1:1. I hope these models come to India.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats Kraftig. This is one model I am longing to have myself. This Fiat was sold as the 118NE in India. NE stood for Nissan engine. Except for the front and rear lights, everything else including the shortcomings in this 1:18 model were regular features on the 1:1. I hope these models come to India.
Thank you. Order it from Modellismo only 39.95 Euro.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
First time I heard of 1st model. Looks ok for a first attempt and not too expensive as well. Do you know if they make more modern cars, or are they sticking to older cars?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I saw this car 1st hand earlier today and it looks very good. Follow my suggestion regarding the lower side panels, I think it would work great!

First time I heard of 1st model. Looks ok for a first attempt and not too expensive as well. Do you know if they make more modern cars, or are they sticking to older cars?
Next announced cars from them are the Lada Niva (small 80s SUV), the 60s Volga and it appears they will maintain the East European/Russian Cold War era theme. They are calld IST models and are a division of IXO (1/43 manufacturer) and as Davide mentioned this is their first 1/18 ever.
I personally would like to see some more Eastern Block crapboxes like the Romanian ARO SUVs, Lada 1500 and 2107, heck even a FSO Polonez...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Vot eta mashina! ;DDD
Това не е кола а проклятието на Соцблока! That's not a car but the curse of the Sozblock!
Sorry, but this is my experiance with the real one and i had a couple...

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Wow - street cred! Nice mod [K]!
It's a whole new car

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Basically the same car. I chose the Fiat as they were available in Canada for brief period.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Very nice Davide! With the mods you've really retained the classy look of the Fiat. Très Bien!!!

·
Premium Member
13,307 Posts
I have seen these models and was wondering about their quality. But, seeing what you have done, I kind of want something like this, only different. Very cool.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts