DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally broke my Bentley virginity! I purchased two Benley's; the Continental GT and Brooklands at a great price from Modellisimo for 80 Euro or $112CND each. Not going to find that deal too often. What can I say about the model that you already don't know. The paint is like butler, silky smooth. The wheel, disc and caliper detail is superb. Interior detail is top notch too, but does this justify the usual $149-$169 price tag? It must be a license thing I guess ??? Anyway enjoy the pics!

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
But can you really put a price on beauty ??
Thanks for the great pics [K]

Price aside, this model is stunning, and the red makes a refreshing change on a Benny!

·
Super Moderator
4,489 Posts
For some reason they fall out and disappear. I have two of these, and it happened on both of them. I dont think that they are glued inside the housing very well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice add Davide the Minichamps Bentley's are very nice pieces and you got it for a great price. I only have the Azure but the Continental looks awesome.
Thanks Joey. I've been wanting this one for the longest time, kept putting off due to the price point.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The Minichamps continental is very nice, but I'll rather wait for the Welly Continental SS unless i can find this one at a reasonable price. I prefer the dark green dealer to this one, red is alil too loud for this car IMO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Minichamps continental is very nice, but I'll rather wait for the Welly Continental SS unless i can find this one at a reasonable price. I prefer the dark green dealer to this one, red is alil too loud for this car IMO.
The SS will be on my hit list if it lives up to the same standards as the Porsche Panamera recently done by Welly. I love the red, brings out the sportiness of the GT badge :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kept putting off due to the price point.
That's exactly what is stopping me.

You just bought the 2 that interest me the most as well. Love this Speed version, especially in red, but I will be happy with the Welly SS.
[/quote]

The GT was the most desirable for me, but when I saw the price and the Brooklands being a 2 door coupe I could not resist. BTW the price jumped from 99 euro to $129 a week later. Regular price is 149 euro, nuts!

I have my sights set on the Welly too, just waiting to see some final images and price point. Does the Bentley license influences the retail, we'll soon see...

·
Administrator
34,171 Posts
Very nice, yep I agree about the price point - but here they are about £150 - £170! So you did well, very nice!

I'd love to add one, but the lack of 'glass' for the side windows bugs me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice, yep I agree about the price point - but here they are about £150 - £170! So you did well, very nice!

The missing glass is an unusual thing for Minichamps. I was taken back for a moment when I removed it from the packaging, I thought something was wrong! I wonder why? Cost maybe???

·
Administrator
34,171 Posts

The missing glass is an unusual thing for Minichamps. I was taken back for a moment when I removed it from the packaging, I thought something was wrong! I wonder why? Cost maybe???
[/quote]
Yep maybe, quite a few of their models don't have it, but for the price I think they should have it !
I was half tempted to get a GTC because of this, but then on those the chrome strip at the bottom of door doesn't seem to line up with the rest of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

[/quote]
Yep maybe, quite a few of their models don't have it, but for the price I think they should have it !
I was half tempted to get a GTC because of this, but then on those the chrome strip at the bottom of door doesn't seem to line up with the rest of it.
[/quote]

Agreed. The model isn't perfect, but close. At these price is should be! 160 pounds equates to ~ $256CND. OUCH!!!

·
Administrator
34,171 Posts
Yep crazy money for them... I don't have any continentals :(

·
Administrator
34,171 Posts
Yep crazy money for them... I don't have any continentals :(
You should, they are really nice. I have most of the Bentleys. I still want the gtc, but I'm not a fan of the color choices, and I haven't yet pulled the trigger on the Arnage. Did you guys know that there are two versions of the GT?
[/quote]
Too much money here, MRSP is £150, I watch some on ebay though, just never bought yet.

The one with the Mulliner wheels you've pictured is meant to be rare, I love those wheels.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts