DiecastXchange Forum banner

Latest Addition: Minichamps Benley Continental GT

Tags
3K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  littlerockshhd 
G
#1 ·
Well I finally broke my Bentley virginity! I purchased two Benley's; the Continental GT and Brooklands at a great price from Modellisimo for 80 Euro or $112CND each. Not going to find that deal too often. What can I say about the model that you already don't know. The paint is like butler, silky smooth. The wheel, disc and caliper detail is superb. Interior detail is top notch too, but does this justify the usual $149-$169 price tag? It must be a license thing I guess ??? Anyway enjoy the pics!

See less See more
#2 ·
But can you really put a price on beauty ??
Thanks for the great pics [K]

Price aside, this model is stunning, and the red makes a refreshing change on a Benny!

#9 ·
The Minichamps continental is very nice, but I'll rather wait for the Welly Continental SS unless i can find this one at a reasonable price. I prefer the dark green dealer to this one, red is alil too loud for this car IMO.

#13 ·
Very nice, yep I agree about the price point - but here they are about £150 - £170! So you did well, very nice!

I'd love to add one, but the lack of 'glass' for the side windows bugs me.

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was refering to the models Gavin. On the models, the fascias are part of the body. The black model has a different lower fascia The hood and grill are also more narrow on the black GT model. The trunk lid also has a more inset emblem, where as the red speed doesn't. Also, no plates. The differences on the lower front fascia and hood alone leads me to think that they use two different molds, or at least updated it by the time the speed model was made. I always thought it was the same model with different wheels, until It set them next to each other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.