DiecastXchange Forum banner
381 - 400 of 425 Posts

· Registered
3,623 Posts
Now showing CAD images of the Alfa 155. I think this is the skinny bodied version. It looks like it’s 4x4, too. Does this make it the Lancia Delta Integrale-based one? was there another 4x4 155? I can’t remember now. Anyway, it’s here:

not sure the rear wheel arch is quite right, but the rest looks good. Was never a huge 155 fan until the wide-bodied cars arrive, so will wait to see pics before I decide to get one or not.

· Registered
3,623 Posts
Interesting. CAD pic of the Alfasud:

Just as Cult Scale models announce exactly the same car.

Any link, or just a coincidence?

· Registered
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 ·
Not sure about the shape.

Agreed.
It looks (from the images) as though the resin was left too long in the oven, causing the model to compress by about 10%.
And also to warp the shape front to rear, making it a look a bit like a banana.
Bloody hell, why are the ones who can see this issue - and not those who are supposed to do it?

· Registered
3,623 Posts
The roof fitment/angle is terrible. The door waistline seems to rise too high from where the mirror is to where the door handle is. Too much ‘wedge’.

that said… having looked at it again, I’m not Minichamps has the shape right, either :-(

· Registered
7,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
that said… having looked at it again, I’m not sure Minichamps has the shape right, either :-(

You're right!
Dammit, I hadn't noticed.
The door on the Minichamps is also too tall, particularly at the rear - causing the rear end to be slightly out.
The front end looks better though.
Still, if I didn't see this before I will try to forget it.... :>)

· Registered
3,623 Posts
Also, the b-pillar is way too short on Minichamps :-( that said… it’s still a great little diecast.

I’m now thinking that Laudo’s x19 is less wrong shape-wise than Minichamps’ version. Arrrgh! :)

· Registered
700 Posts
A real niche car.. the last large one from Fiat I think.
Probably not competitive with german ones, but 70s really killed italian ones.

I don't like it very much, but for sure its design is interesting and innovative.
130 coupè is just a few years younger than Dino (I think it deserves a good model!), but it looks from a total different era.

381 - 400 of 425 Posts