DiecastXchange Forum banner

Laudoracing-models

34K views 459 replies 15 participants last post by  Scuddy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I can't find any thread dealing with Laudoracing specifically, so I thought I would start one.
I have a fondness (madness?) for small Italian subjects - and Abarth stuff in particular.
They make exclusively Italian subjects (or so they say!) in 1/18th scale - always sealed resin.
I have several, and am impressed with the Otto/GT Spiirt levels of accuracy and finish.

I'll start the ball rolling with links to their 2016 catalogue:
http://www.wobook.co...cing-Model.html
And the recently added 2017 edition:
http://www.wobook.co...talogue-ok.html

I think we qualify under the term 'club' as members of Diecast Exchange.
Perhaps one of our top brass could apply to the company and claim access to the 15% discount on offer.....
http://www.laudoraci...e-love-clubs-15

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
about time Laudoracing had a thread - well done for taking the initiative :)

I've got the red Ritmo too, as well at the Alfa 75 V6.

The 2017 catalogue states they are making a GTV6 2.5, which has been on the cards for a few years now and I am super excited about it. I'm intrigued to see which generation they go for - the one with not much plastic trim, some plastic trim or the last one with heaps of plastic trim. I wouldn't mind the Alfetta saloon either, in stock, Polizia or Carabinieri trim.

A Fiat 128 saloon is also on the cards. My slight concern there is that they're making a 128 Rallye (which is fine) and that will be a two door car...which could mean the street 128 saloon is a two door, too. I'd prefer it to be the four door, ideally a super-early version with the chrome bumpers etc, not the facelifted one.

I'd also like to see them make a Lancia Beta Montecarlo, a street Lancia Delta (non Turbo, non 4x4) a Fiat 131 Supermirafiori and (don't laugh!) a five door, first generation Ritmo 65CL. My other car tastes are much more normal :)

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Attachments

#4 ·
about time Laudoracing had a thread - well done for taking the initiative :)

I've got the red Ritmo too, as well at the Alfa 75 V6.

The 2017 catalogue states they are making a GTV6 2.5, which has been on the cards for a few years now and I am super excited about it. I'm intrigued to see which generation they go for - the one with not much plastic trim, some plastic trim or the last one with heaps of plastic trim. I wouldn't mind the Alfetta saloon either, in stock, Polizia or Carabinieri trim.

A Fiat 128 saloon is also on the cards. My slight concern there is that they're making a 128 Rallye (which is fine) and that will be a two door car...which could mean the street 128 saloon is a two door, too. I'd prefer it to be the four door, ideally a super-early version with the chrome bumpers etc, not the facelifted one.

I'd also like to see them make a Lancia Beta Montecarlo, a street Lancia Delta (non Turbo, non 4x4) a Fiat 131 Supermirafiori and (don't laugh!) a five door, first generation Ritmo 65CL. My other car tastes are much more normal :)
As far as the specific versions of the upcoming models, why not ask them?
I was concerned that the Giro winning 031 prototype had been scrapped, and a quick reply from them confirmed it is still on the cards - but probably not until 2018.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Update on the Alfetta GTV6 :)

Pre orders start at the end of this month, and the car will be a 1980 Series One GTV6. That means - aside from the bonnet bulge, five bolt wheels, GTV6 boot badge and different exhaust exit placement - it will look the same inside and out as AutoArt's GTV 2.0.

No word on colours, but I hope they offer that rather smart gunmetal colour as well as red and silver. Watch this space :)

#12 ·
Update on the Alfetta GTV6 :)

Pre orders start at the end of this month, and the car will be a 1980 Series One GTV6. That means - aside from the bonnet bulge, five nut wheels, GTV6 boot badge and different exhaust exit placement - it will look the same inside and out as AutoArt's GTV 2.0.

No word on colours, but I hope they offer that rather smart gunmetal colour as well as red and silver. Watch this space :)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will release some group A touring car racers to accompany the road cars.
Between 1982 and 1985 they were almost unbeaten in the division 2 up to 2.5 litre class (and they sounded glorious!).
Laudoracing also confirmed they will be producing rally versions of their 131 Abarth.
A fully open Kyosho is still a better option if you can find one at a price that doesn't require selling your soul.....

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
you're right mate, they had a fantastic competition record. It would be good to see some racers emerge too. Good news on the Fiat 131. I bagged Kyosho's Alitalia one long before the prices went cuckoo!

What was the lead time between the pre-order on your Fiat and its anticipated delivery? Just wondering when the Alfa may surface after pre-order...October? I'm in no rush for delivery, just curious how long it may take.

#14 ·
Apologies for late reply.
Laudoracing told me the 131 is expected at the end of August. Although they didn't specify which August.....
I ordered (but haven't yet paid) it when it was announced, and if Otto/GTS slippage gets on your wick perhaps it would be best to wait for the stores to get them!
It took at least 9 months for my Uno Abarth rally to arrive, and now I see them on special offer on at least one online retailer.

#17 ·
Possibly the most eccentric Abarth modified Fiat of them all.
Intended as a replacement for the old 600 based 1000TCR, a potent 1600cc rear mounted engine in a car with such a short wheelbase.
I've placed an order for one (and I have no idea when it will become available.....) but not paid for yet.
Ignore the vans, it's the 850 based cars....
https://www.laudoracing-models.com/en/nuovi-prodotti

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Laudoracing have announced the Alfa GTV6 shown in prototype form earlier in the year.
Unlike all previous efforts that I have from them, I am not entirely convinced by the shape.
The angle of the windscreen and the roof profile don't look correct to my eyes.
Something more easily corrected would be the over generous ride height.
I can't understand why AutoArt didn't upgrade their excellent GTV to the GTV6.
It wouldn't have needed all that much changed.....
https://www.laudorac...118-lm110a.html

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok.

I'm going to be generous. It's a prototype. But the shape is - now I'm over the crushing disappointment - laughably bad. It is meant to look like this:

http://www.mad4wheel...V6_001_7952.jpg

https://www.netcarsh...allpaper_01.htm

I am so surprised at LaudoR. Like you said, it usually manages to pretty much nail a car's shape (the Alfetta saloon is wonderful). But with this one, the roof looks like it has suffered a light roll over. Surely no one at Laudro is looking at it and saying 'yep, we've nailed this one, guys!' My ears look more like a GTV6 than that one does.

Please don't let this one be anywhere near final. It's way too off the mark. So bad I just don't think they should have shown it in its present states. My heart has sunk.

AUTOart won't make a GTV6 because engine aside, it needs a heap of detail changes that most folks won't spot and I doubt AUTOart can be bothered to rework. Example - the wheels are exactly the same, but are five bolt, not four bolt. I doubt many people expect a GTV6 nut will know that, but they will know it. Battery needs moving, exhaust needs removing to the left, brakes need to be bigger, boot needs to be made smaller etc etc. Too much detail faff for AUTOart probably. They can't - well, they could - just change the bonnet and mock up the V6 and pop it into the existing 2.0; but those other details would be wrong.

Anywhere, here's hoping LaudoR gets that GTV6 fixed. Not just because I'm gutted, but because the 1:1 GTV6 itself deserves better than that.

#22 ·
Ok.

I'm going to be generous. It's a prototype. But the shape is - now I'm over the crushing disappointment - laughably bad. It is meant to look like this:

http://www.mad4wheel...V6_001_7952.jpg

https://www.netcarsh...allpaper_01.htm

I am so surprised at LaudoR. Like you said, it usually manages to pretty much nail a car's shape (the Alfetta saloon is wonderful). But with this one, the roof looks like it has suffered a light roll over. Surely no one at Laudro is looking at it and saying 'yep, we've nailed this one, guys!' My ears look more like a GTV6 than that one does.

Please don't let this one be anywhere near final. It's way too off the mark. So bad I just don't think they should have shown it in its present states. My heart has sunk.

AUTOart won't make a GTV6 because engine aside, it needs a heap of detail changes that most folks won't spot and I doubt AUTOart can be bothered to rework. Example - the wheels are exactly the same, but are five bolt, not four bolt. I doubt many people expect a GTV6 nut will know that, but they will know it. Battery needs moving, exhaust needs removing to the left, brakes need to be bigger, boot needs to be made smaller etc etc. Too much detail faff for AUTOart probably. They can't - well, they could - just change the bonnet and mock up the V6 and pop it into the existing 2.0; but those other details would be wrong.

Anywhere, here's hoping LaudoR gets that GTV6 fixed. Not just because I'm gutted, but the 1:1 GTV6 itself deserves better than that.
Even if AutoArt did the minimum of changes (as you outline) it would still be way better than the Laudo version shown.
As for it being a prototype, the problem is there are photos of a red and a black version on the site.
And the colour changes do nothing for the shocking inaccuracies......
And I was aware of the 5 bolt wheels!

#24 ·
#27 ·
did you order it direct from Laudo? If so, in my experience they deliver pretty quickly. In addition to the delivery update emails, on the actual day of delivery the courier gives you text updates of where he/she is, anticipated delivery time, and then a text to when they're on to your specific address. If you're not in, they leave the parcel where you asked them to (this is pre-arranged with them), and they text a pic showing the parcel and where it's been left in the building. Probably the most impressive and communicative courier company I've dealt with. I think all my Laudos have arrived within 5-7 days of order.

As for the number plates... maybe the Italians don't take much interest in a minor admin matter :) For instance, the number plate on AUTOart's 2.0GTV is the same as Laudo's GTV6, and it's the same plate that can be seen on press photos of Giuliettas, too. Normale... ;-)

Would be great to see some pics of the 131 when it arrives... especially with your Ritmo Abarth, too :)

#28 ·
The reg thing reminds me of the Ford rally operation in Boreham where number plates seemed to be picked for any car by drawing lots - according to the book written by Graham Robson.
Perhaps there are 'garage plates' such as were quite popular in days past.
Or maybe the factories in Italy had special plates that could be used on prototype cars when road testing.
Photos will follow with my Ritmo in due course....

#47 ·
To follow. It's arrived. What a cracker
Outer box art is great. Inner polystyrene packaging less so. Model is a beauty though first i'll have to glue back on the bits that dropped off! Seems the glue they use lacks adhesion qualities

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
Almost three weeks after it was 'supposed' to have been sent, my Fiat 131 Abarth rally has arrived.
Despite the delay and the outer carton being damaged, the model itself is undamaged and close to perfect.
A nice touch by Laudoracing is the inclusion of a second set of door mirrors - they look very easy to knock off!
I thought it would be interesting to photograph it with a close relative for comparison - a Kyosho 131 rally car.
I hope it can be seen in the photographs that the competition versions ran with slightly wider wheel arch extensions - at least on the tarmac events.
(I think the rough surface rallies of the time, Acropolis and Safari - used the narrower road types).
As a 'junior' I can only really post one image at a time, more will follow in due course.

Attachments

#84 ·
I was reading this thread to understand how good Laudo models are, so sorry if I contradict you.

Fiat Ritmo wasn't at all a successor of 131.
The 131 successor in rallying was Lancia 037, made always by Abarth.
(and also in road cars, Ritmo was 128 successor, while 131 was a larger car).

Fiat group chose the Lancia brand, but the car development didn't start specifically as a Lancia. It could have been also a Fiat.
(Even if it was "cousin" of Beta Montecarlo turbo).

And yes, 4WD introduced by Audi made racing difficult for 037, but it was anyway competitive (we remember it for the last 2WD championship win in wrc - 037 has been able to win costructor championship in 1983, between 1982 and 1984 won by Audi).

Fiat Ritmo was just a smaller car, front wheel drive. I think also different racing group from 131, 037, Audi Quattro and so on.
For example Bettega and Cunico raced with Ritmo.