DiecastXchange Forum banner
161 - 175 of 175 Posts
Discussion starter · #163 ·
After a long time I have added a new model, a custom Kawasaki GPZ 900 R Ninja made in 1/12 by Witˇs. The model is great. Here are photos:

Here is the model with reguilar GPZ 900 Ninja:

Here is the model with other custom bike of the same era, the Katana.

In fact, I bought the model as a set with its driver. Here they are together:

And here they are together with the Katana and its driver from the same gang:

And here are also their girl-fans, the Nishimura sisters:

I hope you liked it.

How did you know I was going to drool over your last post Dusan???

Apart from your new Ninja - which is gorgeous - the figures are

....I've never seen them before, they're not Crows x Worst are they??
They're brilliant though!

I should not have clicked on this thread. Went through all seven glorious pages and it has NOT helped the itch to start collecting 1:12 scale-models of street bikes that I've been feeling for so long now. Love the vintage and classic stuff by Minichamps and WiT's and I have been a huge fan of AutoArt's motorcycles too. You have a magnificent collection, mate. And I love the clean and crisp photos you post here to catalog it. Keep 'em coming!

...I've never seen them before, they're not Crows x Worst are they??
Thanks for your comment, Edy. The figures are not Crows x Worst. I think that one of them is called Mohegan and it is a character from some Japan manga. The two Japan gilrs are figures of Nishimura sisters who are somehow related to present Japan "Mr. Bike BG" journal for motorcycle enthusiasts (some issues can be bought in eBay, see for example http://www.ebay.com/...e-/302283230720 and search there for Nishimura) and are popular in Japan now.

I think that they figures are made by factory Kirin especially for Wit´s and they are mostly sold in a set with bike model made by Wit´s. The figures were produced some 10 years ago and are very hard to find now. I have mine from Japan Yohoo auctions and counting their auction price, auction service price, delivery fee, and our tax, they are also rather expensive. There is also one more figure of that driver of Ninja when standing and leaning on a bike and the bike is Honda CB 1100 R. This is sold again as a set. Last week, this set appeared in Japan Yahoo and I bid too, of course, but it was sold for more money than I was willing to pay. There is also a figure of Katana driver and of Kawa 750 Z2 driver.

I should not have clicked on this thread. Went through all seven glorious pages and it has NOT helped the itch to start collecting 1:12 scale-models of street bikes that I've been feeling for so long now. Love the vintage and classic stuff by Minichamps and WiT's and I have been a huge fan of AutoArt's motorcycles too. You have a magnificent collection, mate. And I love the clean and crisp photos you post here to catalog it. Keep 'em coming!
Thanks for your comment. Only a few bike models will come in future because I have now almost all models, which are produced and which I am interested in.

^ Thanks for the info on the figures Dusan, sounds like they're beyond my budget though....
...I shall have to satisfy my cravings by periodically looking back over your pics!!

After some time I present here a new addition to my 1/12 bike collection. It is 1993 Ducati Monster 900 made by Minichamps, A way how real bike shows its engine affected many following naked bikes. Tth models is very nice, typical Minichamps. Here are photos of the model:

Here is the model with another Ducati, Sport 1000:

And here is the model with other naked bike, Norton 952 Commando:

I hope you like the model(s).

This is such a masterpiece with a timeless and brilliant design. 24 years since its release, can you imagine?? And it is still the benchmark for all other naked bikes.

I always try to be impartial when speaking about car or bike models, but with this one I can't avoid speaking from the heart... I have a red 620 in 1:1 and adore that beauty since day one. :)

A new model to my 1/12 bike collection is here and it is an anniversary model because it is the 70th model in my collection. It is 1982 Honda CB 1100 R made by Minichamps. As usually, it is a great model. Here are photos:

Here is the model with other Honda beast, VFR 750 R (Universal Hobbies). You cas see, VFR is small (or CB high).

And here are Honda classic superbikes with a modern Honda superbike, CBR 1000 RR Fireblade (Automaxx). You can see that it is CB 1100 R, which is the big bike (photos of 1/1 bike confirm it):

I hope you liked it.

Please don't quote long post - moderator
This may be of interest to Minichamps model fans , my 1939 Tiger 100 was used by Minichamps for the Tiger 100 model . Some time ago my bike was recommended for them to use as an excellent example to base their model on , basically what happened was they took hundreds of photographs of my bike from every angle and distance. I was expecting lots of measurements etc but they can obviously scale it from the images .
I did not receive any payment nor did I ask for any however I did ask if the model would carry my original registration number of AHV 737 and as you can see they were kind enough to do so for all of the models , I think it was limited to a odd figure around 1407 for some strange reason . They also sent me a finished example like the one pictured in this post .

Hi Lazard

I have been looking at your post a few days and I must say it is really inspiring, informative and photos are sharp.

Your topic turns into top information and documentation and may even be used as a reviews.

My motorbike collection is mostly Poto500cc/MotoGP - all Minichamps 1/12th) but I honestly did not know so many 1/12th sharp road motorbikes had been released over the years . Well I am mostly attracted by the sharpness of the Minichamps/AutoArt but I must admit I also discovered brands here like the Wit's and Biante and even Automaxx...

I am also interested in the modern road superbikes (the Yamaha R1s, Honda CBRs, Ducati Panigale, Aprilia RSV4s etc...) and I sometimes wonder why those ultra performance bikes do not attract models brands more.
I am not genuinely into classics (lack of knowledge maybe) but once again your post really caught me on both the vintage Minichamps and classic/youngtimers Minichamps. Most of these models are gone now and request big money or luck (or both) to get.

The inspiration if your presentation may make me try to get a few, never as rich as your collection. But I will sure pin your topic for both the pleasure of the eyes and for sharp information on models.

Congratulations really, for both your collection and topic, thank you for sharing...

Regards.

Eric B.

161 - 175 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.