DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question that I'm sure has come up before but without a doubt some people's answers change daily so it bears asking again.

As a relatively young and new collector on a limited budget my collection currently stands at just 16 models, all in 1:18 scale. This makes DX and all that goes with it all the more important to me, because new models only form a relatively small part of the hobby for me. But I am simply in awe of some of the collectors here. Some seem to have almost every model that gets posted!!

Exactly how many models (in which scales) do you have? Who doesn't actually know?!! I would also be interested to find out just how much of the house some of these collections take up!!

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
This has been asked before, but never hurts to ask for a recount. My personal collection is right around 400 1/18 scale models, the majority of which take up one entire bedroom in my three bedroom house. I have nine in a grandfather clock in my living room, as well.

Welcome to the addiction!

:cheers

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
At the moment I have 706 models, all 1:18ths, with several more on their way to me at the moment via eBay! It would be fair to say my collection is a bit of a monster at the moment! :giggle :cheers

G

·
With this weeks arrivals coming in, I have hit the 230 plateau.

Scales range from 1:18, 1:12, 1:10 and 1:9, the majority of them are cars with a few motorcycles as well.

I have a total of 6 cabinets, 3 of them that I just assemebled in the past two weeks. They cover and entire wall in garage.

I think I have sold almost as many models as I currently have as spreadsheet indicates I have sold 108 models.

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
I never count my diecast, I don't want to know. :scared
I do know that I am over 300 1:18, around 100 1:24, at least 50 1:43, over 75 1:18 bikes and G.O.K. 1:64 but that is as close of a couunt that I have or will have :giggle

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Barring a delay in delivery, as of tomorrow I'll have 67 in my possession, and three more on the way. All are 1:18, except for one lonesome 1:43.

·
Registered
9,778 Posts
People are saying that I'm crazy because of the quantity of models I got....

......I'm very happy to see there's people crazier than me!!! :giggle

I'm up to 255 models....waiting for 3 more! (all 1:18) ...but when I see some of the posts here, my collection is not so big!

G

·
I have about 55-60, 1:18 and 1:43, all cars. Probably a small majority are 1:43.

I'm planning on adding a few more but my buying rate has slowed down considerably compared to this time last year when I had only been collecting for about 4-5 months.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Right now I have 82 1/18 models in my room. I also have one on the way (will be here Friday) and two more on pre-order. I have about 13 more 1/18 models in the garage, plus a random assortment of other scales in my room and the garage. :cheers

G

·
Oh bugger,I hate these threads,makes me realise just what I've spent on diecast! :lol
1/18 - 66
1/43 - 34
1/24 - 5
1/64 - 100+
Tony.

G

·
Well I just updated my Collection list on my website today and was quite suprised at the final number . :help

476 cars in 1:18 scale .

250 - 300 in 1:43

12 in 1:12

35 approx in other smaller scales

3 in 1:6

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I'm somewhere around 125 1/18s, and 25 or so 1/43s. Not all 1/18s are displayed, only about 80 are in the living room. The rest are in boxes in the closet.

I would like to buy a bigger house with a large basement sometime in the next year or so....

·
Registered
6,539 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Way too many but not enough! :giggle
Currently I have 185 1:18s, 9 1:12s, 1 1:24 and 7 1:43s.
Total: 202

I'll have to think of a special acquisition for my 200th 1:18! :confused
These periodic recountings often give you an excuse for a special buy. :cheers

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.