DiecastXchange Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
This one started out as the old Ertl release green 1970 Plymouth Superbird. I added Ertl Authentics Mopar Rallies, with staggered tires to give it a more aggressive look. I also adjusted the rear suspension, since these Ertl Superbirds seemed to all have the "sagging rear" issue.

Here it is before(not my pic)

After

Until next time thanks for looking!!!!

Mitchell

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
Nice job. I got to get one of these soon. It might be me but for some reason that license plate makes me want a sandwich
VERY tasty Mitchell!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Haha...I once had BLT plates on my Mazda...but Missouri plates were in a 1AB-23C format then so the "BLT" combination wasn't as obvious.

Anyway, the Superbird looks great after that wheel swap! Did you add details to the engine? I ask this because I think you did a great job with the added details to your 1969 GTX! I think aside from the wheels themselves, the rear stance is also much improved. This is also the best color for the Superbird in my opinion. Excellent work!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha...I once had BLT plates on my Mazda...but Missouri plates were in a 1AB-23C format then so the "BLT" combination wasn't as obvious.

Anyway, the Superbird looks great after that wheel swap! Did you add details to the engine? I ask this because I think you did a great job with the added details to your 1969 GTX! I think aside from the wheels themselves, the rear stance is also much improved. This is also the best color for the Superbird in my opinion. Excellent work!
Thanks! I haven't added finer engine details yet, but will be sure to do so.
Thanks! the rear stance on this, stock, is terrible. Way too low.

Mitchell

·
Registered
179 Posts
I honestly want to buy a Superbird and do this exact same thing, except also swap the engine. The engine is the only reason I haven't purchased one yet, the hinges too..

·
Banned
4,669 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
I honestly want to buy a Superbird and do this exact same thing, except also swap the engine. The engine is the only reason I haven't purchased one yet, the hinges too..
Autoworld makes a slightly better superbird
http://www.diecastmo...rd-Green/Detail
Still has the same hinges but everything else looks good
[/quote]
I wish AW would do a Superbird in the quality of the Authentics Chargers. Would be epic!

Mitchell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.